It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 04:55 AM   #1
(female)

countrykid HB User
Injections

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty12
countrykid,
i had DeQuervains Tendonitis many years ago and was given a cortizone shot that provided total relief.
I got the cortizone shot finally in May.....no more pain...what a relief...I was a chicken about getting the shot I heard it was very painful....wrong...I suffered for 9 months with horrible pain and in 2 weeks time after the shot RELIEF and still going strong..

Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

gdspoiler HB User
Re: Methylprednisolone ?

Awesome to hear....

I have an appt next Friday for the injection.....

Now do they give you a script after the procedure in case you have any pain afterward for the 3 days as stated that may happen?

That the only thing I am worried about is the pain stories I hear afterward before the relief

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

I'm not sure if injections to the spine are much more painful than steroid injections to the knee joint, but I've had several steroid injections to my right knee- I mean long needle being forced through the scar tissue and totally into the joint itself. The injections weren't really that bad as long as I could watch the doctor put the needle in, and afterward, he (my ortho surgeon) did prescribe like 10 vicodin 5/500 mgs just in case I needed them for the first day. I never needed them though. Motrin took care of it.

I hope injections to the spine aren't bad afterwards either. Maybe you can call the office before your appointment and ask them to speak with the doctor about it, and if not, then before he performs the injections I'm sure he will allow you to ask any last minute questions. Ask him then and be totally honest about your concerns. It's better to be prepared and have the medication if you need them, than to need them and not have them.

Please let us know how it goes.
Fingers & Toes crossed that it will not be so bad-
Lezlee

Last edited by ozzybug; 07-07-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

gdspoiler HB User

Thanks......

I will keep you all posted! I am just happy I may get some relief here I can't wait to be able to be pain free.....

it's been a long road here and hopefully it ends sometime next weekend! I am have my toes and fingers all crossed

Take care and have a great weekend

Thanks, Mark

Old 07-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
(female)

countrykid HB User

Mark...what kind of injection are you having next week? Are they doing it to your affected back areas????

I've had many injections in my back at all different levels and types...now some are VERY painful...if you are just getting trigger point shots they aren't bad at all....but the down side... sometimes the relief if any doesn't last long.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

gdspoiler HB User

The steriod epidoral injections.......I believe in the spine.

I hope it works because I am getting quite fustrated

Thank, Mark

Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
(female)

countrykid HB User

Good luck...hope you get some relief...I know having pain is no fun... no matter where it is on your body.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:43 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

gdspoiler HB User

Thanks You! I am keeping my toes and fingers crossed

Yes chronic pain anywhere is not good for ones self.....

Good luck to you!

Mark

Old 07-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

gdspoiler HB User

Thanks, sorry for the pain your have suffered and sorry that the injection didn't last as long as it should have.....Did you get a 2nd one?

I will keep you all posted I am a little scared about this precedure on Friday myself though I never even had an IV hooked up to me let alone a needle injected in my spine......So this week is going to be a rough one I think.

Thank you all for the support!

Mark

Old 07-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Yes, I had 3 injections over 6 weeks. They wore off one month after the 3rd injection. But that is just for me; for some people their pain never comes back.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

gdspoiler HB User

Ugh, Sorry about that......I hope they can find a way to fix you! Good Luck and take care!

Mark

Old 07-10-2006, 04:31 PM   #12
(female)

jitteryme HB User

Please post as soon as you can following your injection on Friday. I really want to know how it goes and how you feel. I have my first one scheduled for August 2nd and while I am really nervous about it, I am trying to remain optimistic that this will help.

Best of luck to you.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

gdspoiler HB User
Re: Injections

jitteryme,

No problem man I will let you know how it all works out....Hang in there and be positive......Take care

Mark

Closed Thread