It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
Inactive

wolfmarket HB User
PM appointment Thursday

Got my monthly appointment on Thursday. Problem is, I usually see the NP and they've often already had the scripts written out and signed by the Doc. If I don't alert them a day before my appointment, there are NO CHANGES and right now, I need a serious upgrade.

And since they both are on vacation until Thursday, basically, I have no hope of any changes in my meds.

I am on the 100 mcg Fentanyl patch with 30 mg Roxicodone for bt. And I can tell you that it is not enough, by a long shot.

Alan

Old 07-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: PM appointment Thursday

Alan-
Most of the time, even when the doctor is out of town, his nurses or assistants know how to get up with them if there is an urgent situation. Is there any way you can call them and let the NP know about this so he/she can contact the pm doctor?

I know you need a change/upgrade in meds, but can you go for another month with the increased pain? That's a long time to really hurt.

If they can't do that, is there any way possible you can request another appointment for sometime in the next few days when you are there Thursday? I do hope something can be done to get your pain levels down.

Good Luck, and please keep us posted.
Lezlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 06:26 AM   #3
(male)

badoldback HB User
Re: PM appointment Thursday

Hey Wolf,
I frequently ran into this problem with my first PM. Even when she was on site and doing her own patient exams, the prescription was often already made out and signed and she regarded it as a horrible imposition to have to redo it. Some doctors seem to have no idea how LONG 30 days can be to someone in pain. It can be long enough to lose your job, your family or your life. It was this insensitivity, among other things, that sent me searching for a better PM Doc. Thank God I found one, and I hope you do too.

Closed Thread