It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

BlueSteam HB User
Re: What next

Lezlee, Thank you sooo much for the kind words! My husband had angioplasti done today and they did find a blocked artery and put a stent in. He will be fine. He did have a masive heart attack six years ago when he was only 37 and had a stent put in at that time also. I'm just so grateful that this one was caught before anything horrible happened. He has a wonderful dr. The strange this is that there is no heart disease in his family and he eats healthy and gets a lot of excersise. Just goes to show, you never can tell. Maybe now I can get some much needed sleep.

Thank you!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteam
I woke up a few days ago with severe pain in both my wrists and my right shoulder
Bluestream,
I'm not sure if this was brought up but cervical spine compressions and herniations or spurs can mimic the exact same pain of tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome and you don't have to have neck pain to coincide with it. As I have mentioned a few times in the past I had severe shoulder and wrist/hand pain along with numbness. The doctors felt it was my shoulder and a torn rotator with spurs. I had surgery only to find out this was not the problem and through trial and error it was determined there could be a problem with my c-spine. An MRI to my c-spine confirmed several herniations with root bed compression. I immediately had an ACDF which completley eliminated the symptoms and restored function.

If you have problems with your neck or if it's not been checked lately I would really advise that you question your doctor about this. I would hate to see you go through the wrong diagnosis and treament as I did (which included unneeded surgery) and suffer!

good luck, I hope you are feeling better
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #18
Veteran
(female)

BlueSteam HB User

Kissa, Thank you for the information. It's been a long time since I've had an MRI, about 10 months I think. I do have neck pain and the funny thing is that allong with this tendonitis there is a pain down the side of my arm that I complained about months ago in my other arm that is supposed to have all the nerve damage. My pain starts from my neck right under my ear and literaly runs all the way down my arm. I really do feel it is conected to my neck, I just hope my dr agrees. I hope the new info helps. Thanks!

Closed Thread