It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
(male)

texascritter HB User
how to deal with pain?

I pop in here every so often to see what others are doing to deal with their pain issues. I recently had a nerve block at C5-C6 and it caused more pain and systoms than before I had it done. I pretty much live in pain. I take 20mg of oxycottin 3 times a day and it helps but never enough to forget it's there. My ns and other doctors don't even want me on any type of narcotics. If it was'nt for my family doctor I would'nt even be able to get out of bed most days. I've tried nuriton and it makes me dizzy and other side affects I don't like. Any suggestions on other meds that may help relieve pain? I've tried everything less powerful than oxycottin. What do you guys do to help relieve pain. I called a pain clinic today and they said their pain clinic see's you once a week or once a month. I thought pain clinics were like boot camps that agressivly address how to relieve or control pain. Anyone else go thru a pain clinic? What should I be looking for in one? Montana has a limited amount of them. Should I look out of state? If I knew what worked for some of you and some way to judge what I'm looking for I could make a better decision. Thanks everyone for your advise!!! TEXASCRITTER

Old 07-15-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

mergatroy HB User
Re: how to deal with pain?

Texascritter,
Sorry to hear you are in pain. I am not sure what a "Pain Clinic" is, or at least I am not sure what YOU are talking about.

I went to a PM&R doctor, but I am still in pain. Some days (today) worse than others. What I have come to believe is that I will always be in pain, some days worse than others.

If you are in Montana, you might try looking in Google for a PM&R doctor. Like anything else, some PM&R doctors are better than others.

Best wishes for you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread