It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
(male)

texascritter HB User
still here and in pain.

I'm still in alot of pain mixed with depression and confusion. My wife is in the state hospital and planning another suscide attempt. It would be her 4th attempt in less than 30 days. I think they are treating her for being bi-polar. I'm reading as much about it as I can. With stress and worry, I have noticed that my pain level has increased alot. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to get the pain under control. I'm on 20mg of oxycottin 3 times a day. I've tried advil and tylanol and it doe'st help at all. I'm disappointed that alot of people read my threads but did'nt respond. I have no control over this. I just know everyone who puts a thread on here is hoping for a responce. It's how we all get thru this. We are a team. Even one line helps even if it's just to let the person know someone else cares. Thanks!!!! TEXASCRITTER

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: still here and in pain.

Texascritter,

Maybe you need to call your PM and discuss with him the situation your going through and maybe they can treat your depression.When stressed pain levels can esculate.There are several low anti-depresants than can help you get through this time period.I hope your wife gets the treatment she desperatly needs.I have a nephew who is bi-polar.It take take a toll on a person and loved ones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
(male)

texascritter HB User

I'm currently on 225mg of effexor which is as high as I can go on that med. I hope this is only a medium period of time before it gets better. It works well for me but not doing well during this crisis. Thanks for your reply. TEXASCRITTER

Old 07-14-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
(female)

whitewingdove HB User

hi ,
i am bipolar too and i'm on 5mg of abilify and 200mg of lamictal once a day and 2mg of xanax 3 times a day and it works great for me . i was on effexor too but it didn't work for me bc it's just an antidepressant and not for bipolar disorder. but i have pain too and i've heard that depression can cause physical pain. and cymbalta (i think that's what it's called) my gf takes it and it's supposed to relieve the emotional as well as the physical pain of depression. i know how this is and there's no words to describe it it's just terrible. i take 15mg of lorcet 3 times a day and it barely eases it. the dr. is doing some tests on me to find out what's wrong so he can better treat me. i sincerely hope all goes well for you and your wife. i will pray for ya'll.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
(male)

texascritter HB User

Thanks for replying. It's all new to us. She just got diagonised with bi-polar last week. I'm reasearching it as much as possible. So far they only have her on one drug. It starts with a D. Thats all I know. I've been on effexor for about a year. Its worked great up till this crisis. I'm going to visit with my doctor on what to do. I can't chance something not working at all right now. I may end up in there with her if that happened. At this point all she wants is out of there and she will do whatever she can to meet that goal. Her second goal is to die. Hopefully she will get better and want to be happy and live. Again thanks for answering!!! TEXASCRITTER

Old 07-15-2006, 06:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Texas-
did I miss your previous post? I really am sorry. Please forgive and know that I wasn't ignoring. Most of the time, when I sign on, the posts that I've not read are in bold print, but sometimes when I sign on they aren't.

I am so sorry you are having to deal not only with increasing pain, but with your wifes emotional situation as well. I know the stress of her suicide attempts must have something to do with your increased pain. I do hope your doctor can come up with something to help you. It's hard to be strong for someone else when you are having debilitating pain. Has your doctor ever spoken about Cymbalta? My pm doctor put me on it a couple of weeks ago, and from what I understand it's supposed to be wonderful for chronic pain as well as the depression.

Texas, I do apologize again for missing your previous post, and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Lezlee

Old 07-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Hi Tex, wow I have so been there! I have been married for 26 years to a bi-polar man, and the time right before and right after his diagnosis was by far the worst. It affects our stress level in the extreme, which sends our pain spiraling out of control.I once had to take a loaded gun away from my husband so believe me when I say I understand what you are going through, What I would suggest is counciling for YOU as well as your spouse, I was surprised to learn how much anger and resentment I had toward hubby which was making my pain worse. there are also relaxation techniques and other exercizes you can do, which seem hippy dippy new age, but really can and do work. Its hard to have all the household responsibilities dumped on you while you are in terrible pain, while spouse languishes in a hospital making bird houses. We got through it, hubby has been stable in his illness for over 10 years, and my pain is at a managable level for the most part. Best of luck to you, I will watch for your future posts. There is also a BiPolar thread where signifigant others are allowed to post, if that helps. best of luck to you~Fabby

Old 07-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

hi tex
i just wanted to say i am praying for you and your wife,i am soo sorry that you are going though this,this too shall pass. And you are right stress increase pain, hang in there !!!! kelsey

Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

BlueSteam HB User

Tex, I'm so sorry about everything you are going thru, please be sure to talk openly with your doc about all your feelings. I really hope he has some answers for you. I know meds aren't always the answer--just being able to talk to someone can make all the differance in the world.

I also have to say I'm sorry for not answering your thread!! Going thru a rough time myself. My esi went bad on me and I'm finding myself in more pain than I should be in and my husband's routine heart check-up went bad--needless to say, I read your thread and just wasn't emotionally up to resonding.

We are here for you, even if we are a little slow sometimes!! I know it feels kind of crappy when your thread doesn't get answered, but eventually someone usually responds.

Please keep us informed on how you are both doing, and I will be praying for you!!

Old 07-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #10
(female)

Rosieposie1 HB User

Hi Tex,

I'm sorry that you're having all this trouble and feeling isolated. Chronic pain and mental illness are two isolating health conditions. I'm sorry you've felt like you were alone. One of the things I've learned since I've been in this condition is that I have to stay calm at all times because my pain is going to increase or I'm going to have a heart attack.

I'm sorry your wife is ill. Many people don't understand stand that "mental trouble" is an illness. I have a mentally ill brother and son. Let me say I truly understand the difficult time you're having. During this difficult time, please try to carve time out for yourself and seek counseling for yourself. It does help.

Since I'm new to the pm group, I can't offer any advice on meds or add to any of the suggestions the other more knowledgeable members have already shared. I can only say I understand and keep reaching out to others for help.

Luv to all, Rosa

Last edited by Rosieposie1; 07-16-2006 at 10:02 PM.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:39 AM   #11
(male)

texascritter HB User

Thank to everyone for replying. I took a couple of days to just rest and clear my head. My pain is about the same as before. None of the pressures of dealing with my wifes suscide attempts have changed. Just tonight she said if she could she would do it now. Thank god she is in the hospital and being watched around the clock. She is bi-polar and told me tonight that meds are not going to make her want to live. I hope that's not true. I hope if they can get her stable and the meds work that she will feel differently about it. I see my doctor today and my theripists also. I hope to get some answeres . Thanks for listening TEXASCRITTER

Old 07-17-2006, 06:30 AM   #12
(female)

countrykid HB User

We can not post copyrighted material in our messages here.. but I would like to send to you :
"We Danced" Footprints new version

you can find it on the internet

Last edited by countrykid; 07-17-2006 at 06:33 AM.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #13
(male)

texascritter HB User

Thanks. I'll find it. TEXASCRITTER

Old 07-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Tex, the meds WILL help, my hubby was in the same boat, he even like I said had bought a gun and loaded it. it will take 3-6 months for her to be stable on her meds,(thats what the doctors told me) but bi-polar is highly treatable and she WILL get better. good luck to you, let us know how you are doing, we all care. Hugs, Fabby

Old 07-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Tex-
I am so sorry your wife is in such dispare. I know that when you have a psychological condition, it will make you feel that everything is hopeless and nothing will make it better during the "manic" phase.

I do hope and pray that those medications will take effect soon and that you will see your wife happy and stable with a good outlook. I know this is just tearing you up.

Please keep your faith and know that we are all here for you. Please take care of yourself.

Lezlee

Closed Thread