It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 05:02 AM   #1
(male)

texascritter HB User
still in pain but wife is better

I went and saw my wife today and she is muck better. It was a long trip {200} miles one way. Luckly there was a recliner in the visiting room. She is over the suscide desire and now wants more help and info. I saw my family doctor yesterday and she changed my meds from oxycottin to methadrone 10 mg 3 times a day. This is one medication I have never tried. In fact untill I started on this board I only remember seeing it in congunction with getting people off herion. Is this the same drug as that? She said it is a little stronger than the oxy. Anyone know what side effects it comes with? It's 5:00 in the morning and I'm going to bed. Hopefully the great members of this board will have some answeres for me when I get up. I'll search it, but you get what they want you to know in drug post. Talk to you guys later. I hpoes everyone has a good day!!!!! TEXASCRITTER

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 05:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: still in pain but wife is better

Texas-
Oh I am so, sooo happy and relieved to hear your wife is doing better. Words can't describe how happy I am for her, you and your family. I know this must make you feel better. I will keep positive thoughts that she continues to progress and will feel better each day!

I know there are many people here who really get great benefits from methadone. I hope you will too!! Let's hope for good things and improvement each day for you and your wife!

Please take care and keep us posted.

Lezlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 05:41 AM   #3
(male)

texascritter HB User

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. It's a huge relief off my shoulders. She was in a good mood and smiling today and responded well to questions she could'nt possibly know we would ask. I'm good at reading her and I believe she was sincere and had a breakthru. I think some of it has to do with the med's she is on. Got to get some sleep. I'll check in when I get up. Thanks for replying!!! TEXASCRITTER

Old 07-19-2006, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Tex, so glad to hear things are looking up for you and your wife! Please keep us up to date, you both will be in my prayers. Your friend, Fabby

Old 07-19-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

BlueSteam HB User

Texas, I'm so happy for both of you and hopefully you may be able to relax a little and your pain levels will go down a little. I haven't tried your new med myself so I can't help you with that. Have a low tolerance to any pain med. I did try skelaxin however and it did help me a lot. Wish I would've taken it when they actually gave it too me.

I just noticed where you live--I spent three years there, owed a flyfishing lodge along the river! In fact my daughter and I just went back there a couple weeks ago and camped out for old times sake. It's a small world!!

Keep us posted and I hope things continue to go well for your wife! Get some rest!

Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

I am glad to hear the wife is doing a bit better. I know how difficult it can be as I've been there with my husband. I hope that she continues to improves and finds herself in a better place in life soon. I am glad to hear she is in the hospital and can get the treatment she needs. I'm just sorry to hear it's so far away, I'm sure that doesn't help with the neck pain doing the drive.

I'm not sure how strong Methadone is compared to Oxy but you can search the boards because there's many posts on it. I had good/bad experience with it.
It was a GREAT pain reliever and keep in mind it does take up to 5 days to be fullly into your system, you may not notice a change right away!

My first two weeks on it was great, for the first time in over 20 years I felt no pain but around the 2 week mark all of the side effects hit me at once. I became a complete zombie sleeping up to 18 hours a day and there were so many other side effects the doctor placed me back on MS Contin.

Many here on the board do use the medication and it is very sucessful for them so don't jump ship, give it a few weeks before you decide if it does or doesn't work for you. You may need to be titrated up to a higher level and or on a more frequent schedule, much will depend on how much Oxycontin you are currently taking and how your system as a whole does react.

I hope that this medication is sucessful for you and of course that your wife continues to improve

all the best
Barb

Closed Thread