It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
(male)

cptpooface HB User
Need help figuring out why I have side effects

I have been on MS Contin for about ten months now and I have never had any side effects until now. I think I know why the side effects are happening. A couple weeks ago I went in to get a refill of my ms contin. I usually get a generic brand called ratio morphine. This time I got a brand called PMS-Morphine Sulfate SR. The side effects started up about a week ago. My dad used to take percocet for fibromyalgia and he said if he got a certain brand it would make him really sick and it wouldn't work as well, when he switched back to his normal brand he did fine. The brand is the only thing that has changed so it's the only reason I can think of for the sudden appearence of the side effects. I just want to know if thats a possible reason and what I should do about it. I would also like to hear some opinions on another little annoyance. I take 45 mg three times a day, and the last time I got a refill the pharmacist gave me 270 15mg pills. I take three pills three times a day. I would way rather have 90 30mg pills and 90 15mg pills. I don't know why but it makes me nervous having that many pills around. Is there any reason why the pharmacist wouldn't want to give me 90 of each?

Old 09-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User
Re: Need help figuring out why I have side effects

Hey Poo: Ask your doc to write your script that way and then the pharmacist will do it for you. Things could be worse than taking 9 pills a day. I'm on Methadone and I take 180 mg per day. Since Meth only comes in 5 and 10 mg pills (I'm not figuring in the wafer), I have to take 18, 10 mg pills a day. That doesn't include my other meds for blood pressure, reflux, etc. 540 pills a month is what I get when my doctor writes my script!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread