It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

kjkickem HB User
Question Help From Those With Experience

So glad I found this board as I really need input from those with experience. Have been seeing a PM doc for 3 months now and he's put me on methadone, 7.5 mg. 3 times daily (along with flexiril and elavil for sleeping problems.) My family (and me too!!) are worried about the methadone. It is no longer taking care of the pain and he wants to increase it to 10 mg. 3 times daily. The elavil does not help with sleep, but he just told me to take more of it at bedtime. I have tried ambien before and it worked well, but he won't prescribe it. In the last year I've had a facet block, a radio frequency procedure, and just had my first of three lumbar epidurals (I had four epidurals last year) and the pain is still here. My doc doesn't seem to really listen to me, but he is the only one that comes to the town I live in once a week. He practices in Pensacola, FL which is where I have to go to get these procedures done. I probably will have to cancel the next two epidurals because I've run out of "drivers" to take me. My MRI's indicate a herniated disk between L4 and L5 and another one in my neck, but the "surgery" docs don't think operating will relieve my pain, hence the PM doc. Should I be worried, or is all this normal? I haven't been able to work since mid-August and am in fear of losing my job. If anyone has any advice, Please feel free to share! Thanks

Old 10-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User
Re: Help From Those With Experience

while i am sorry you are going through this i am surprised at what the pm put you on.
Did your other docs try you with other things first? From hydrocoden to other things like fenteral patch?
It seems like a big leap for first time seeing the pm. Also for some the back surgeries work out wonderfuly well for others not so great.
I hope you can get some answers and help soon. Have you tried things like ice packs heating pads, massages? Did any doc recomend a tens unit? That also helps for some. Have you seen a physical thearpist? There are some exercies and streches that can help manage the pain as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
(female)

kjkickem HB User

thanks zoey1 as you are the only one with advice so far... Yes, we tried generic percocet and percodan (I don't know the difference), but while the pain relief was better than the methadone, my pain would be back in full-force in about 2 hours so he said the methadone would last longer. It does, but the amount of relief is not as good as the hydrocodine (I think that was the generic name.) Could this be what I have seen questions about on this board that is referred to as "breakthrough pain?" I don't really know what breakthrough pain is. No one has ever prescribed the patches, but I know someone who has and she seems to be happy with the result. My level of pain has not gotten low enough for me to try physical therapy, but that is one of my goals. My first goal is to have enough pain relief to be able to walk without a walker, drive, go back to work before I lose my job...in other words, my normal life back. One thing either the pain or the meds has caused is that I'm not very agressive in talking to my doctor. I don't know questions to ask about meds or procedures. Normally I'm very outspoken, but I've been through so much in the last year that hope of relief is getting dimmer and dimmer, so I kinda feel like, "what difference does it make, nothing is going to change." As I said before, I'm very glad I found this board because it lets me know that I'm not the only one and also that others have concerns like my own. Even if no one answers me directly like you were so kind to do, I can read other's posts and the replies. Thanks again.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

I had the same problem with with the elavil. Years ago I used to be able to take it to sleep, prior to taking pain medications, and now it doesn't even phase me. I was taking as much as 100mg and it made not one difference. The doctor put me on AmbienCR and Xanex and solved that problem.

I wouldn't be concerned about the Methadone. You really didn't express what your worry was. Increasing it a small amount isn't something to be overly concerned with. I would give it a try. Trying the patch before really trying to titrate the methadone first to an acceptable level of pain control doesn't make much sense to me. One of the big problems you are going to find with the patch is that by the time day 3 rolls around it will feel much less effective than it was on day 1.

I often find that individuals seem to want to jump to a new medication when something doesn't work without really giving it time and or adjusting the medication first. Give the 10mg a try first and give it at least a few weeks.

Remember it does take at least 5 days before methadone really peaks because of it's long half life. If you aren't having any side effects like extreme drowsiness I really do think upping the Meth first would be a better option overall. It is a wonderful pain reliever for those who can tolerate it and I'm sure many of those on board who also use it will attest to that.

The only other thing that I would ask is have you changed your lifestyle since going on the Methadone? Are you taking on any extra activities when it was working effectively? I just throw that out there because someone when we aren't feeling much pain we tend to over do things instead of taking it easy. Also the goal of pain management isn't 100% relief, it's more like 50-80% dependant on your condition.

I find it discerning that the doctors do not believe surgery will not stop the pain. I have read quite a few comments like that on the Spinal cord board too. It just boggles my mind sometimes. If your herniations are impinging nerves they most certainly would cause pain. Have you gotten a second or even third opinion on it? My neck was herniated on 4 levels and the pain was beyond belief, the surgery to correct it, ACDF, immediately corrected the situation and I was pain free. My lumbar is also herniated from L1 to L5 but the herniations are quite minimal so surgery isn't really an option and it's not the one area where my pain is the worst.

Good luck
Barbie

Old 10-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

mpvt HB User

Yes,I agree with Kissa you need to give it time.Methadone is an exellent pain killer.The reason why your doctor won't order you something stronger for sleep is because benzodiazepines and methadone together can cause respitory failure.Almost all of the methadone related deaths you hear about have a benzo with it or alcohol.Alivil is also good for nerve pain,alot of doctors order for that alone.You are on a very low dose of methadone so don't worry about going up.I started methadone 4 years ago after a 22 year merry-go-round ride on every opiate pain killer there was.I have had 4 lumbar surgeries and am disabled from work (full time) for life.Before the methadone I couldn't even work part time,now I can which is great not only from a monetary sense but from a mental stand point it's great for me.I take 300mgs a day and I've come down from 400mgs a day in the last 6 months or so.So give the methadone a chance and remember when you increase your dose it takes 5 days for it to level out in your blood-serum levels....Good luck.....Dave

Old 10-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

{removed}

As far as using other opiates in conjunction with meth. There is a lot of mixed, conflicting and just wrong info out there about methadone. As others have said it is a receptor agonist. It does bind to opiate receptors, not just block. My understanding is it blocks the recptors responsable for the euopora, that opiates create. This is also part of the pain relieving process. By definition it alters your perception of pain andcreates a false sense of well being. If someone associates that high, with actual pain relief or anelgesia, I think they will be very disapointed with other oopiates. However because meth does binmd to the MU receptor which is most responsable for anelgesia and least responasable for euphoria, my understanding and experience is that a proportianally correct amount of BT meds will provide additional anelgesia. I took 120mgs of meth a day for several eyars and used 30 mg Roxicodone sucesfully as a BT med. I couldn't tolerate an increase in methadone as far as side effects and I'm still using 30 mg Roxicodne years later with a pump for BT. If I only need a half , I take a half, I 'm allowed to take up to 2 twice a day, but if I do it every day, I have nothing for days when I work out or after working way beyond what's tolerable.

The odd thing about about your breakthrough med is that it's long acting. Break through pain is pain that breakes through the level of pain relief your long acting med provides. Someone that gets a very high level of relief from their meds, may not be willig to tolerate any pain increase withoput reaching for more opiate. This is why some docs don't use them. If they gave 2 a day, that's what the majority of people will take, if they give 4 a day, same thing. That's what they are alowed, so that's what they take. But then it just becomes part of your daily regemin and you really have nothing additional wqhen your having a bad day.

BT pain may occur at certain times of the day, like when getting up or in the evening, It may occur when weather changes, or from activity that day. Unfortunately BT meds aren't truly BT meds if someone takes the max allowed dose every day. If he gave you 3 30 mg MSC to use for BT pain and you use it every day because the combined effects are better, You're not really using them for any aditional "BT" pain, just extra daily relief. If you should slip and fall or get stuck at the grocery store too long, whatever triggers your pain, you have nothing additinional to take. At least not in adition to what someone is taking every other day. The MSC isn't going to be more effective on a rainy day than it was all summer.

Break through also implies short epioisodes, that's why using an LA is unusual. However combining opiates from different classes isn't unheard of. When pain reaches a point that it can't be managed by one med, I have seen multiple long acting meds used. I'm not talking about treating discomfort, I'm talking about someone that can't walk more than 15 steps even with a combination of 3 clases of opiates. The idea is to cover as wide a range of opiate receptorsd as possible and although all opiates have similar traits, there is a difference from one class of drug to the next and which receptor and sub receptor activity it creates.

Yes the meth may dampen the euphoria, which may be part of what gives relief but 15+ mgs of oxycodone was proportianal to the dose of meth I was on and it worked fine For BT and had little effect other than aditionll pain relief. Maybe it was a plecebo effect, I expected relief and sometimes got it, other times BT doses feel like duds, but that's been true with any med.

Anyway, I explained what BT pain is and how BT meds should be used. Whether you use them or not is up to the patient or the docs opinion on using BT meds. I can't tell you why he would use MSC instead of short acting morphine to get passed a hump unless he's going for the combined effect and combining opiates. He really needs major documentation and the abilty to support his decsion to use both meth and MSC if he wants to gaurentee he won't be questioned when combing long acting meds for non malignant pain.

Good luck, DaveC

Last edited by HBMod07; 10-23-2006 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Please do not respond to inappropriate posts, report them instead. Thank you

Old 10-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkickem
So glad I found this board as I really need input from those with experience. Have been seeing a PM doc for 3 months now and he's put me on methadone, 7.5 mg. 3 times daily (along with flexiril and elavil for sleeping problems.) My family (and me too!!) are worried about the methadone. It is no longer taking care of the pain and he wants to increase it to 10 mg. 3 times daily. The elavil does not help with sleep, but he just told me to take more of it at bedtime. I have tried ambien before and it worked well, but he won't prescribe it. In the last year I've had a facet block, a radio frequency procedure, and just had my first of three lumbar epidurals (I had four epidurals last year) and the pain is still here. My doc doesn't seem to really listen to me, but he is the only one that comes to the town I live in once a week. He practices in Pensacola, FL which is where I have to go to get these procedures done. I probably will have to cancel the next two epidurals because I've run out of "drivers" to take me. My MRI's indicate a herniated disk between L4 and L5 and another one in my neck, but the "surgery" docs don't think operating will relieve my pain, hence the PM doc. Should I be worried, or is all this normal? I haven't been able to work since mid-August and am in fear of losing my job. If anyone has any advice, Please feel free to share! Thanks

Hello. It's nice to meet you. I haven't been on the boards for awhile due to personal problems, but I have a lot of the same problems you do and myself have been on Methadone, and it didn't work for me.

I have been told that surgery is not an option for me due to the fact that the Stenosis and pinched nerves are beyond repair and the DDD is beyond repair, and honestly I don't want to take the chance on a sucess rate of only %40 only to end up having a Titanium "BIRDCAGE" in my lower back! LOL

I wanted to tell you, and I don't think I'm out of bounds here on the board if I recall the posting rules. I think I can give you the doc's name and location just not the phone number. I live very near you, across the state line in Alabama. I have a WONDERFUL PM doctor who I would like to recommend: He is in private practice located in P'Cola and in Milton(one day a week). His practice is called COMPLETE PAIN MANAGEMENT and his name is Doctor Jeffery Cox, he shares a building with a doctor of Urology. His specialty has always been Pain Management. He has been my pain doc since 2003 and is very compassionate and is "up to date" on the most recent treatments and meds. He will work with you as much as he can to help you with your pain. If you even hear about a medication you think might help you, he is willing to listen to you and if he thinks the medication you are asking about might help you, he'll let you try it. He does have a PA, who is "okay", she actually believes you when you tell her that your pain level is a 7 or an 8 and she will go directly to him if she feels like your problem is beyond her realm. I think I have tried nearly every pain med out there and finally have a good "cocktail" that I use. I have multiple herniated discs in my lower lumbar, which have pinched the caudial nerves, and have now caused me to have periphial (sp?) nerve pain in both front thighs that burn like the dickens. I also have Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, and now some kind of abcess on my right hip. But most of my pain comes from my lower back and the Fibro. My right leg is practically usless because of the pinched nerve, so getting my pants on is quite comical actually. I also have spondyolosis (I know I whacked the spelling of that word to death) I also have some stenosis in my Cervical spine with C3-4 slightly out of alignment. I have MyoFacsial Pain Syndrome which causes big knots (trigger points) all over my upper back which are only relieved with intense Trigger Point Deep Tissue Massage Therapy that brings me to tears but it does help. I use the Valium for the TP's. Doc Cox prescribes Valium mainly as a muscle relaxant which he told me was what it was originally intended for. Soma does not work for me, neither does Trazadone or Ultram. I started on Lortab and am now using multiple meds, but I can't imagine what my pain would be without my meds. I walk with a cane. Or should I say I "wobble" with a cane! I can walk without it for short distance, but then I shuffle. I am 47 and on SSD as of this June. This doctor was also instrumental in getting me my SSD recently. He's a young guy and slightly aggressive. His main concern is his patients. This of course is all my opinion and experience with him.

I am now on Fentynal 100ugh every 3 days, Valium 10mg tid, Provigil 200mg 1X daily (for Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiancy Syndrome) Ambiem CR 6.25 at bedtime, Gabitral 4mg tid, Lexapro 20mg 1X daily, and Roxicodone 30mg quid. Although I am about to switch to OPANA instead of the Roxi at my next appointment. He gave me a day's worth of OPANA script, 10mg taken quid. OPANA is new (oxymorophone, or something like that word!) You can learn about it online. It comes in regular and ER. I use it for BT pain. I have been on the roxi for over two years and it is losing it's effect. When I tried the OPANA it seemed to work more quickly, and lasted longer, but it didn't cover the pain as much as the roxi, so he just has to up the strength and I think it will be a good med for BT pain. And Shoreline is right about BT pain, use your BT meds only when you actually HAVE breakthrough pain and it is not normal practice for a doc to prescribe two LA meds,though it has been done, usually you are given a LA med and a short acting med for BT pain,and a lot of insurance companies won't cover two LA meds. If you find yourself taking all of your BT meds everyday and still have no relief, then it's time to reaccess your meds. During an appt with the PA I told her that I wasn't get the same relief from the Roxi for my BT pain, so she switched my BT med from Roxi to Kadian and it was a nightmare, cuz I went through awful withdrawl from the Roxi. I ended up in the ER, I couldn't keep food down, and my pain level shot up to unbearable levels. She should have weaned me off the Roxi and onto the Kadian instead of switching right off like she did. I spent a whole month suffering so badly from withdrawl of the Roxi and the Kadian didn't work for me. So back on the Roxi I went. I have a great respect for narcotics especially since I went through the roxi withdrawl. Albeit, narcotics can allow you to have a better quality of life once you find the right ones for you, it just takes time to get to that point. So this last time, I saw the Doc and he wrote me an additional script for just a one day supply of the OPANA, but I got to keep my Roxi. I did try the OPANA on a day when my pain level was pretty high and like I said, it seemed to work more quickly last longer, but didn't cover the pain as well as the roxi does. So, we'll see, but I digress! Sorry, I tend to ramble on! But when I saw you were in P'Cola, I just thought I'd recommend this doctor to you. He is a good doctor, IMO. He has a pretty good patient load and some times you will wait a little longer past your appt time, but he's worth it, to me.

I hope this info helps you, and good luck. I hope I haven't stepped over the line by mentioning this Doc's name and practice, but I recall that other's have recommended docs in certain areas, since we are all here to help each other as best we can. You will need a referral to see him.

Again, Good luck and if you get in to see him, I'd love to hear what you think.

Sincerely,
TK

P.S. Hi to everyone. Shoreline, Twisten, etc. etc. I hope all of you are living well and enjoying your life. I think of you often. I have just been out of the loop since the death of my son (my only child) last October. Been fighting my own personal battle. My Grandma used to say "They can cook you but they can't eat you" I'm not quite sure who "they" are, but I guess her little quote is supposed to be inspiring! LOL She also said "It may be bad, but it could also be worse!" LOL

Love to all.

Last edited by tkgoodspirit; 10-27-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #8
Inactive

labshark HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkickem
A primary physician would be happy to prescribe ambien, lunesta, or restoril.

Ambien is a very safe drug, it works by simply increasing your GABA levels, thus while it's hypothetically possible to overdose on it, there are no known cases.

You epidurals would not have lasted long, they are not meant for anything more than temporary relief.

I would contact Dr. John Sarno, by phone at Coumbia Presbyterian in NYC. You can find him easily by doing a search. He is a "guru" of orthopedic surgery. In addition his specialty is pain management. He is perhaps one of the top 10 orthopedic surgeons in the world.

In terms of Elavil, which is a tri-cyclic anti-depressant it should help with your sleep. But you need to be at fairly high levels, of say 100mg. Elavil, is not a safe drug and has been around for decades. You CAN overdose on Elavil, and is not meant to be used as a sleep agent. However it is meant to be used as a psychological sedative. But the side-effect profile for elavil is quite awful.

10mgs of Methadone is really not that high of a dose in the scheme of things. I would take his advice. If you are still having trouble, ask to switch to a drug such as oxycontin, or ms contin. I would not try anything else, prior to giving oxycontin a try. It is not uncommon for individuals to become immune to the drug they are currently taking, which is the reason that some pain specialists routinely rotate the narcotic agent that their patient is using- to avoid this exact issue.

Best of luck to you. Once again, any physician can prescribe Ambien. It is not something a doctor would even question, due to his safety profile. Though, you may find restoril to more helpful, as restoril also has an anxti-anxiety component to it, which also has some pain relieving qualities and is closer to Elavil.

If I were you, I would make it a goal to get off of elavil, and switch to a hypnotic sleep agent such as restoril, klonopin, or valium, etc.

Eric

Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #9
(male)

KLONOJOHN HB User
Wink Re: Help From Those With Experience

Hey bri,

I am a patient for over 25 yrs. of dealing w/Drs. who are what seems to be in a "cycle" of first doubting the patient who first walk in with a pain issue. There is obiously a LARGE amount of "people" who HAVE AND CONTINUE to ABUSE THE MEDCAL FIELD WITH NO/ZERO/NOTTA PAIN ISSUES,ONLY TRYING TO OBTAIN THE DRUG/S FOR......
Then, thru my experiences AND MANY OTHERS THERE W/ME @ DR.,ER,GETTING OUR EPIDURALS...are ALL going thru, OR HAVE GONE THRU VERY SIMULAR "experiences."
AFTER DOUBT, here come all the OTC meds& SAMPLES!!!The ANTI-DEPRESSANTS,AND OTHER STUFF THYAT IS NOT GOING TO DO MUCH FOR A SERIOUSLY INJURED PATIENT!~!~!
AFTER AWHILE OF THAT (BY then I was on Dr.#3!!)...comes the lesser evils.....ie; darvon,tramadol,etc.....
THEN.....you MIGHT start getting HYDROCODONE in various doses.(realize that on average that a year has most likely elapsed by now...) Before U know it u r @ 200 10mg a month of HYDROCODONE A MONTH!!!! (POOR LIVER,KIDNEYS,ETC!!!!
By then I had been in Phys. Therp@ PAIN CLIN.,EPS.
BOTTOM LINE...MOST DRS> DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHEN IT COMES TO PAIN MGT.!!!THEY REALLY DON'T!!IT IS A VERY COMPLEX FIELD THAT HOLDS VERY FEW QUALIFIED DRS. With the pain,meds, ETC. comes ALOT of issues to deal with like;MENTAL ISSUES,CRITICAL ORGAN ISSUES/FAILURE,ie;HEART,LIVER,KIDNEYS,ETC....Is sues WAY BEYOND THEIR TRAINING/knowledge.
They(DRs.) once they are told by SPECIALISTS theve sent you to, that you are in pain, (like you haven't been saying it for a year!!!)and that some of the pain is related to musscle spasms , do to the body/musscles trying to protect the injured area by spasming around it,THUSLY causing more discomfort,NOT ONLY IN THAT OR THOSE AREAS, BUT SURROUNDING AREAS EFFECTED NOW BY THE SPAMS!!! YES,...IT'S A NIGHTMARE!!!!!

So,... it seems to be a long,complicated,PAINFULL,delema!
YOU WENT TO THE DR. FOR PAIN!!! IF U R STILL IN PAIN AFTER U SEE THE DOC & HE TRYS TO HELP U AND DOESN'T,...MY NEXT MOVE IS ALWAYS A NEW DOCTOR!!!!

YOU NEED TO ASK;
1) WHAT is your diognosis??
2)WHAT choices do I have for treatment?(Meds,phys.thep,etc.)
3)WHAT side effects does the medicine have?(is it addictive?,How long will I HAVE TO TAKE IT?? AND HOW WILL YOU TAKE ME OFF IT IF I GET WELL??????

Don't just take anything.Check it out. If you can't MAKE YOUR DRS. OFFICE DO IT FOR YOU!!!! iT'S A very long rough road ...BUT STRESS YOUR YOUR JOB,& OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE DR.!!! YOU NEED TO BE FUNCTIONAL!!!! HE/SHE NEEDS TO ASSURE THAT U R AS FUNCTIONAL AS POSSIBLE!!! THATS THE DRS. JOB!!!! THATS WHY HE/SHE GETS THE BIG BUCKS,HOUSES,CARS,ETC...U R PAYING THESE PEOPLE!!! THEY WORK FOR YOU!!!! MAKE THEM DO THEIR JOBS!!!!
I HURT TOO!!! GOTTA GO...KL0ONOJOHN OUT------------------------

I have to take it?, THEN HOW WILL YOU TAKE ME OFF IT?????!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #10
(male)

KLONOJOHN HB User

HEY GUYS IN THE " Help with those with experience" board on this site.......
I'm the new kid in town (51yrs.) I,ME,understand tour medical terminology,diognosises,definitions,ETC! !! And will DAZZLE" YOU GUYS LATER WITH SOME NICE DEEP REPORTS,CONCLUSIONS,DIOGNOSIS,TERMINOLOG Y THAT ONLY A VERY FEW PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND!!!! WITH ALL & TOTAL RESPECT(Don't get angry w/the new kid) It's only my "guess" that as folks under the title of this site,as we are now listed...THAT we/WE are to HELP those who visit the site. MOST people don't and can't understand what I'm (ME) saying when I go on in medical terminology......DON'T GET ME WRONG!!!! I believe there IS A PLACE FOR "IN DEPTH MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY"...I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE GOOD!!! BUT, I myself...are going to START reaching out to LARGER MAJORITY on this site whi whom I believe most likely DON'T have a clue what your saying!! I (ME) will take the "low road" (the larger group) those that NEED TO HEAR THIS STUFF IN A MORE UNDERSTANDABLE VOCABULARY.....WE! YEP,YOU&ME ARE AN ELITE CLASS OF PATIENTS THAT ; REQUESTED ALL OUR X-RAYS,MRIS,TEST RESULTS,DIOGNOSIS,REPORTS.....READ THEM...RESEARCHED THEM....AND NOW AFTER 25YRS. ...KNOW MORE THAN ALL OUR PRIMARY CARE DRS......AND MOST THE SPECIALST!!!
BUT..... Like I said...I'll "DAZZLE" YOU FEW THE ELITE,.. LATER...I GOTTA TRY TO HELP SOME OTHER FOLKS BEFORE I DIE.....(ALL MED FIELD HAD ME DEAD 5YRS. AGO ..)

Old 03-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #11
(male)

KLONOJOHN HB User

I just have to say one more thing before I go take my 9th soak in the HOT tub w/BURT BEES THEREPY BATH SALTS within 24hrs!!!!!(Remember ...I am going thru MANY WD,..and in SEVERE PAIN)
Ther just simply is NOT a ONE WAY,ONE CURE ETC. FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!
EVERYONE HAS A CEMICAL MAKE-UP!! ALL TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!! DIFFERENT THINGS WORK FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!
MEDICINE IS A PRACTICE!!!! (YES IT SOUNDS "scary" AND IS!!)
I KNOW you folks in SEVERE PAIN yell,scream,cry,shake,spasm,ETC. at home!! (and it effects our loved ones around us too-NOT OUR FAULT!!! DOCTORS FAUALY!!!! NOT DOING THEIR JOB,OR WHAT WE PAY THEM FOR!!!!
WHAT I SEE OVER &OVER IS THIS,....people go to the Dr. and TRY TO BE ALL NICE,CLEAN PRIMP&PROPER!! THEY SUPPRESS THE ONLY CHANCE TO GET PROPPER CARE BY SUPPRESSING THE TRUE PAIN THEY HAVE!!!!
IF YOU REALLY ARE IN PAIN,SEVERE PAIN, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BE STILL IN THAT DRS. OFFICE!!! YOU'LL YELL,SCREAM,ETC!!!! HELL,...YOUR IN SEVERE PAIN!!! THATS WHAT PEOPLE IN PAIN DO!!!
TELL THEM WHAT YOU HAVE TO ACCOMPLISH!!! JOB, HOME,CHILDREN,BILLS,ETC.....THATS WHAT YOU'RE THERE FOR!!! THATS WHATS YOU'RE PAYING FOR!!!!!
OK.......IF YOU'VE BEEN SEEING A DR. AND YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANY BETTER....GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR!!! iF IT'S FOR PAIN,CHRONIC PAIN, TRY TO FIND A DR. WHO HAS KNOWLEDGE IN THE FIELD!!!! HOW??? ask!! ask!!!

I 100% FEEL FOR YOU FOLKS GOING THRU PAIN ISSUES,WITHDRAWL,ETC!!!! PLAIN & SIMPLE IT'S NOT JUST HARD...IT'S CATASTRPHIC!!!!!!
RIGHT NOW I AM DOING THIS;
1) clonidine
2)musscle relaxers-zanaflex,baclofen
3) sevsral HOT baths/showers
4) drinking ALOT of juice,milk, and TRYING TO EAT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
5)heating padS!-15min on in sequences
6) MASSAGES
7)VITAMINS!
8)resource-a supplemental drink that you can get at just about any store,.it has ALL the nutrition you NEED, till you can properly eat again!
9) CALL DOCTORS OFFICE!! OVER&OVER!! ( If they don't get you in,...AND
YOURE IN PAIN...ER!! NEW DOCTOR!!!!!
THESE DON'T HELP MUCH(EXEPT CALLING THE DOCTOR!!!!), BUT YOU HAVE TO GET EVEN THE SLIGHTEST RELIEF TO DO A PART OF NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!
GOTTA GO..KLONOJOHN OUT-------------------------

Last edited by KLONOJOHN; 03-10-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 AM   #12
(female)

Rhayden50 HB User

Hey I am just in this now I have a herniated disk I am not sure what L something but it is in my lower back. I had one needle so far and I am on 10 mgs of Hydrocodone 3 times a day I find this is doing the job as long as I stay on it at the times (3 times) I am to take it. My shot was not a epadural it was something else the doc said the epadural is like a shot gun and the shot I got was like a rifle a shot gun has a wide spred where a rifle is one and more accurate. The doc put the shot ringt in the nerve it's called a numbing something I think. The 12th I got back for another one. The doc said I don't look like I need surgery now but I have heard others say if you get one sergury you will get more so I am hoping it doesn't get that far.
About sleeping I was taking Lunasta 2 mg I found I was a sleep in a very short time. I was not taking it to sleep from pain though I just take for ever to fall to sleep and when my husband moved in bed I would wake and go pee this is hot wired in to me to do this. So I had the doc give me something to help me sleep. I had abiem and the CR of that but I found the Lunesta was best but on 2 mgs I got the feeling the bed was rocking back and forth. so be aware it doesn't happen with everyone though.

Hope you find relief.

Rhayden

Closed Thread