It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
(male)

CHRIS9 HB User
anyone know a good PM doc. in east Tennessee

I live in the Knoxville, Tennessee area and have been told by general doc. that I am going to have to get into a pain mang. clinic, for a bad knee problem that has started up after a fall last year, I had three rods put in the bottom of my knee years ago and felt find until this fall and then all hell broke loose? and now here I am in the worst pain than I have ever tasted before! And there are a lot around here they could send me to, so I wanted to ask the people that I new would tell the truth and not sugar coat things, such as a dr. that might be hard to get along with, So if anyone has been or is now in PM treatment in my area, take a minute and let me know what your treatment was like from your point of view.
Thanks very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User
Re: anyone know a good PM doc. in east Tennessee

Hi Chris,
And welcome to the pain boards. I'm sure someone will have a more personalized answer for you, as you can see I'm on the other side of the country from you. You might benefit from searching these boards for tennessee pm and see what comes up.
Also most of the rest of us will be happy to help you if we can on the more generalized questions about pain management and clinics,
There is a huge variety of what different pain clinics offer, and you really dont know what yours will focus on until you have an appointment, But I think the best ones are the ones that offer many options, not just one, and see you as a whole person, not just a pain patient.
Good luck to you and I look forward to reading more of your posts.
~Fabby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
(male)

CHRIS9 HB User

Hi,
you are correct, I will try to do more advanced searching on locations of PM Dr.'s in my area. Thanks for the quick reply, I hope everything goes good for you, thanks...

Old 03-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
(female)

npainnTN HB User

Hi Chris, I see that you live in Newport. I actually have family there. Anyway, In Knoxvile at St. Marys Hospital they have a great pain management practice, and they also have off site locations. I went for about 5 months before I moved to florida. They are great there. I never saw a doctor because I don't have back problems but my mom also goes there for major back issues and she saw a doc the first time.

If you have anymore questions about it please let me know. I used to work at the hospital so I can tell you alot. Hope you have success and keep me updated.

good luck

jenn

Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

I have an awesome PM in the NC Area which is about an hour and a half from TN He is in Fletcher NC...

Closed Thread