It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

kmcn1980 HB User
Intercostal Nerve block?

I'm scheduled for an intercostal nerve block in a few weeks. Has anybody ever had one? I've had a temporary one before which lasted a few hours. This one that I'm going for is a longer lasting one. About how long do they last, and what do they feel like during the length of time? I'd appreciate your responses, thank you!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User
Re: Intercostal Nerve block?

Yes, I've just recently had an intercostal nerve block. Is your doctor calling this second injection an intercostal nerve block, too?? If it is the same injection I would guess your pain relief would feel the same, just longer lasting. How is that done? Are there just different meds used?? My doctor said that if I found relief from my block that he would then do a nerve ablation to achieve longer lasting pain relief. Unfortunately the block gave me ZERO relief so....on to the next 'guess'.

What is your diagnosis? What and where is your pain? Have you had any other injetions?

Hope the block helps...which if the first one gave you relief for a few hours...it just might! Take care.~Mush

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
(female)

kmcn1980 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that the nerve block will help me. What did yours feel like? Is it a numbing sensation? I had slipping rib syndrome, and had surgery for it, but am still in pain. I haven't had any other injections.
Thanks!

Old 04-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

Ouch...what is slipping rib syndrome? It sounds painful.
Where is your pain? Which rib? What did they do when they operated?
I have pain under my collarbone and next to my shoulder blade after pneumonia.
Do you(or did you) have pain when breathing? This is my biggest complaint.

I hate to say it but the actual injection was extremely painful. But I was given sedation to relax me. I had a facet block a year ago without sedation and it was more painful. I can usually talk myself through any pain that I know will not last long. Where you offered sedation? I hope it helps with your pain and lasts for months. I met a man who drives 4 hours to the hospital I go to. His injections last 6 months so he only has to make the drive twice a year.

Good luck.~Mush

Closed Thread