It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User
Yet another generic oxycontin question

So yesterday I called my pharmacy and my back-up, in-case-of emergency pharmacy to see what generic oxycontin they had and if they had brand. My usual pharmacy had no brand and Teva generic...yuck! The back up pharmacy said they had brand. Today after my doctor's appointment(another funny story I'll post later) I went to the back up pharmacy and they had no brand....ok...what generic do you have? We have Teva and Endo. So I asked for the Endo and 10 minutes later they call me back to say they don't have enough Endo but they can give me half Dava. So I'm home with three bottles(I take 30mgs) of oxy. Anyway, does anyone know anything about this company and it's version of oxycontin??? I hope it works as well as Endo. I can't wait until there is only brand...that is until I lose my awesome insurance. Then I will cry.

He also gave me more Lyrica to try. I'm supposed to start out at 300mg/day and work up to 400 or 500mgs. He still says I'll be able to tell if it helps in 2-3 days. I'm just worried about the weight gain stuff.

When I'm getting ready to leave he says after next time you might get to go back to your primary...'if we've gotten you stabalized'. I wanted to scream at him!! I was stable when I went to him February! My primary likes me to check in with him every year or year and a half to see if he has any new tricks up his sleeve.

This year she just asked him to change my oxycodone(110mg) from 3x20mg oxycontin + 10/5mg oxycodone to all oxycontin. He freaked out, said I was on too high of a dose and put me on the equivalent of half my dose mscontin. No, wait, that was the second drug change...first he put me on duragesic 25mcg.

If he's going to freak out every time I come back to see him, I'll pass on next year's visit. Almost 3 months of hell(medication-wise) and about an $800 bill(with my intercostal block)....no fun.

Thanks for listening and for any info on Dava.~Mush

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

mudbone HB User
Re: Yet another generic oxycontin question

Yep, I just got Teva myself and am really not happy.(Thats the last time I will get those) I also have heard the name Dava and would like to know if anyone has tried them.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
(female)

Wren9 HB User
Re: Yet another generic oxycontin question

It looks like Dava/Impax are the same thing. There's not much information online about them. It looks like they are round, not football shaped (like Teva).

I need to get a refill today...I hope that I can find the Watson. Otherwise, I will have to wait for them to order the brand...and then I will be a few days late...since they won't get them until Monday or Tuesday.

Closed Thread