It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

dj1960 HB User
Oxycodone and Sleep or Lack Thereof

Does anyone have problems sleeping at night when taking Oxycodone? I can take it during the day and feel drowsy and sleep but if I take it before bed, I am wide awake all night.

Also, does anybody take oxycodone and Ambien CR?

I have Ambien CR from before I started the oxycodone but was afraid to take it with the oxycodone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User
Re: Oxycodone and Sleep or Lack Thereof

Hi dj,

I have the same problem, I used to have trouble sleeping when I first was on hydrocodone, but now that I have been on it so many years, I just get pain relief and dont notice anything else.
When my pain flairs, a couple of times a year, my doctor will switch my hydrocodone with oxycodone, and then I have the same problem. I will feel tired, but cant sleep. I assume this will go away if you are on it for any length of time.

I know people who take oxycodone and ambian, but you shouldnt accept that kind of advice from a message board, if you arent 100% sure, call your pharmacist, or your doctor, before mixing any meds.

Good luck and please post and let us know what you find out.
Your Friend, Fabby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
(female)

GracefulOne HB User

I get that way when I take my Vicodin...and itchy too! It seems to make me tired as all hell during the day but wired at night...UUGH.

I do take Vicodin with Ambien CR and sometimes Benadryl which both helps with drowsiness and the itchies, however, having had a non-related drug interaction in the past I would make sure whoever is prescribing your Oxy also knows you are taking Ambien CR and even after that, double check there is not an interaction with your pharmacist!

L5/S1 Hemilaminectomy (9/06)
L4/L5 Hemilaminectomy (11/06)
L4/5 L5/S1 Posterior Interbody Lumbar Fusion with Instrumentation (1/07)

Old 07-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
(female)

oucollegechic85 HB User

I have oxycodone and I agree if I take it during the day I want to pass out but if I take it after 10pm Im wide awake, I thought it was just me or something. I havent taken it with the Ambien best to ask the dr. but like previously stated the best idea is to take benadrly with it because that usually knocks me out and then cuts down on being itchy.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:10 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

55steel HB User

Try just taking the Ambien without the oxycodone. Ambien knocks me out hard so I don't need any pain killers.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
(female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55steel View Post
Try just taking the Ambien without the oxycodone. Ambien knocks me out hard so I don't need any pain killers.
lol I agree. I have to take ambien at night because without it the bed gives me too much pain to sleep. I sometimes look at my bed like the devil !! I also skip my vicodin before bed because with the ambien I am in another world and fast asleep and in no need of pain aid because like you said, the ambien totally KNOCKS ME OUT. My hydrocodene keeps me wired all day but I feel tired alot but while taking it no way would I be able to actually close my eyes.... Ambien is my hero !!

Last edited by Queenneeee; 07-28-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Closed Thread