It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User
Exclamation I am DESPERATE to find a good pain doc in Tacoma Wa. PLEASE!

I am losing my pain doc and have just over 30 days to find a new one. The problem I have is that there are pain docs out there that dont except anymore medicare insurance, or I find a doc that does take medicare, but wont deal with the pain issues. I AM DESPERATE! I found some doc in Seattle put that is too far to drive in my kind of pain. Please let me know if you know someone good in my area of Tacoma, Federal way, Auburn or Puyallup where I live......Thanks...Kari

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User
Re: I am DESPERATE to find a good pain doc in Tacoma Wa. PLEASE!

Hi Sophia,

My aunt sees a great guy, I think his office is in Fife, is that too far from where you are? If not let me know, and I will call her and ask his name.

~Fabby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

maggieloop HB User

I'd be interested also. I live in Shelton and there isn't anyone near me.

Maggie

Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User

Dear FABRASH.....Fife would be wonderful!!! !!!!! Now I just need to pray that the doc takes my medicare! Name of the doc PLEASE!!! If this works out, I will be forever in your debt!!! PLEASE let me know ASAP! ..HUGS, Kari

Old 08-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User

****Dear Maggieloop*** I have the name of the very best pain doc in Tacoma, (I know that is a ways for you) I cant see him anymore....snif....its a long story, but he is the best for sure! What kind of pain issues do you have? Let me know!!! Hugs...kari

Old 08-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Hi again,

His name is Dr. Jack Lake, he sees my auntie for fibromyalga, so I know he treats chronic pain. He's either a GP or a family practitioner. My aunt says he is compassionate and a good listener.
I know his office is in Fife, so you should be able to look him up.

Good luck!
~Fabby

PS~I'm sorry, but I have no idea if he takes medicare or not, worth a try though!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User

Dear Fabby,
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! You are truely an !!!! I will give him a call tomorrow and see what is what. Im keeping my fingers crossed! I will keep you posted. BIG GIANT HUGS!!!! Kari

Old 08-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

maggieloop HB User

I have issues with my hip, back and sciatica on both sides. It started afteer the birth of my 2nd daughter 16 months ago. I also fell down the stairs and broke my right ankle, sprained the left and sprained both knees when I was 7 months pg with my 1st daughter 3 years ago. I swear, no pregnancy is simple for me!! ha ha ha I've tried PT and it isn't helping and Im getting the run around from insurance about another MRI.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:21 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User

Hi Magieloop, welcome to the Boards!!
First off, sorry to hear you are still in pain. Something is wrong, you shouldnt still be having pain for these issues. I would try posting your problem here but as a thread of your own and see what responses you get. Also, under pregnancy too, start a new thread. Search by catagory from the top boards, see if any fit best for you. You may find someone with the same problems like I have. Good luck, and if you have any other questions at all, just ask!! Hugs...Kari

Last edited by SOPHIABELLA; 08-11-2007 at 03:26 AM.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Sophia,

Were you able to get ahold of Dr.Lakes office? I really hope that worked out for you.

One thing I was thinking about is, try not to tell the people at the front that you even have medicare, They will tell you no when the doctor might not feel that way, Its better to just say you were referred, make an appointment, and present your insurance info when you get there.

I had a great doctor for about 12 years, she has since retired, but what happened was her office told me all the doctors had closed practices, but I could see the nurse practitioner til one opened up.

On my first visit, my doctor was the one who came in to examine me, she had a med student with her and was so great and knew right away what was going on with me, I asked her to please be my doctor, and she said sure, just tell them at the front desk to over ride the closed practice, and she also was at her limit for medicare patients, but said she would over ride that as well.

Just try and appeal to the doctor whenever possible, and not the front desk people, they are just doing their jobs, but if they have been told no new patients, or no more medicare, then the doctor is who you need to see.

HTH, Fabby

Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User

Hi Fabby,
Shoot, I feel asleep and didnt get to the phone in time to call the doc. So, now I shouldnt say I have medicare? I will be totally embarrased if I get there for an appt, and then find out that the doc wont take me! I am a high maintenence patient. I have been treated so badly by so many docs that I am afraid to offend, say the wrong thing or anything! Can you tell me, before I try him and hopefully not embarrase myself, does he perscribe opioids for pain? Docs either are for it or against it, and if he is against it, it would be great to know in advance. You honestly would NOT believe what I have been through with doc's, it is enough to give me post traumatic stress disorder literally! Can ya talk to your aunt for me and let me know?????............Hugs Kari

Old 08-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Hi Sophia,

Yes, I think you'll have to tell them you have medicare when you make the appointment, but try and get the appointment by saying you were referred first, (if they ask by who just say a friend). You dont want the first thing they hear to be medicare and have them say no way, they still might, but try not mentioning that right off the bat if you can.
Yes, I know this doctor treats fibro with narcotics, He actually kind of specializes in that and chronic fatigue. He is a christian, if that is something that is important to you, and he has a great reputaion for being very gentle and caring. My aunt thinks the world of him.

Good luck and please let me know how it goes!
Hugs, Fabby

Old 08-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User

Hi Fabby, that was fast!! He sounds so much like the kind of doc I have been looking for. I wish there was some way I could say "who" referred me. Does your aunt go to church or anything? Then I could say, someone from such and so place referred me. I dont go to church, but I do pray on a daily basis. What should I say if they ask me "who" referred me?

Old 08-12-2007, 02:43 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Hi again,

I know we arent supposed to give our names here, so I wont give my aunts name either, I think its a board violation, sorry.
But I would just say a friend from the online medical boards recommended him.
I don't think my aunt goes to his church, we're catholic, and I think if he was too, she would have said 'he's catholic' instead of 'he's christian' lol.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you
Fabby

Old 08-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

SOPHIABELLA HB User

Thanks Fabby!
Now, I gotta do some heavy duty prayin, because Lord knows what I have been through, and perhaps all the other docs I have seen by just were not the right ones, and I have to believe there is a path out there for me, and to try and not fight it. I knew that your not suppose to give names, and that is a board no no, so thats why I asked about the church. You are probably right about him not being catholic though, your aunt would have surely said catholic if he was catholic. I will give them a call late tomorrow afternoon, (people arent generally in a good mood on monday mornings), and I will let cha know!!! Thanks again for everything......Hugs,,,,Sbella,

Closed Thread