It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

germanshepherd HB User
Just Started The 12 Mg.s Of Fentanyl Patch,not Impressed...ozzy You There?

Hi everyone, I was the one who went on opana er and so not impressed with that for pain. Pm is trying me on the duregesic patch, 12.5 mg's, have to change it tonight and call pm tomorrow to let her know how I feel. I haven't noticed anything yet, no side effects either. I assume she will increase me to the 50 mg. next. She dispensed as written and I didn't get the generic as she thinks it's not strong enough. 10 patches were $179.00 and I get reimburssed from my hubby's union 80%. So it's like a $30.00 copay. I decided to wait till morning and see if she will let me put 2 patches on in morning. Instead of waiting another 3 days to increase. I have percocet in the meantime for breakthrough pain. She said I could take. Ozzy, need to know how you are doing on the opana er, or I remember the doctor wrote it wrong and you are taking the regular opana. Please post, need to know if you are okay, take care hugs to everyone and please feel free to comment on my post with suggestions. We all have to help eachother and I love to chat with everyone who is in the same pain condition I am in. Love to all, Tammy

Old 08-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Re: Just Started The 12 Mg.s Of Fentanyl Patch,not Impressed...ozzy You There?

Hi Tammy~
honestly I started out on the 25's...then to 50's, tried 75's for only 3 days and went back to the 50's then now Im back on the 25's for the last 3 weeks.
The 50's worked the best for the pain relief, but the side effects were too much for me. Im happier now on the 25's. I hope she will let yoou try to up them, because they really do give me great relief when they stay on.
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #3
(female)

germanshepherd HB User
Hi Izzy's Mom!

Thanking you for your info on the patch. I just put the 2, 12.5's on tonight, monday Aug. 13th. I will post tomorrow and let you know if they are working. I have to try what pm suggests. These patches already seem like a pain to apply. I bought the nexcare big adhesive bandages to put over the 2 I now have on. Not taking any chances of these things comming off. The nexcare bandaids are the best anyway. I called the duragesic company and told them the doctor gave me the tagaderm tape to put over them. She said not to use it as they they the duragesic company think it might interfere with the medication. The company suggests the bioclusive patch to put over them. I called in the first place to ask the company for better adhesive and she said she wouldn't send me any unless I tried tape first around the edges. I should have lied and told her I did. What a pain! Then she wanted my doctor's number because of the fact that she gave me the tagaderm tape! Like she was in trouble because of it! Give me a break. Then she wanted to know all the medication I was on. ALL I WANTED WAS THE TAPE MY DOCTOR SAID THE COMPANY WOULD GIVE ME FOR FREE!. It turned out to be a whole charade! Anyway, I am calling the company tomorrow to try again for the tape. The tape is very expensive, $4.00 for a piece. I will in the meantime use the nexcare bandages. Anyway more tomorrow on my continuing saga, hugs Tammy.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:59 AM   #4
(female)

LifeLost HB User

I'd deffinitly try 25 before 50. I had a problem breathing every time the dosaage was moved up and ahd to rip of the first ones. but after a couple tries they were fine.

They are a pain to keep on ar'nt they. My skin also rashes up and I have trouble finding good skin to put it on. I also hate the sides where the fuzz from shirts builds up. Especially with red i get a buildup of sticky colored stuff that I have to scrape off, yuck.

What exactly was yout doctor saying about tegaderm possibly interfering with the drug? I use it but it does'nt work well.

I was told by my doc always to use clear thin tapes because the patches will release to much meds if theres any kinda heat increase.
On that not ebe careful about hot baths, hot tubs, showers, adn sunbathing. You can overdose from the heat.

Hope this unorganized ramble helps some!!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:03 AM   #5
(female)

germanshepherd HB User
Hi Life!

Thanking you for writing. What the duragesic company is saying, which I called them yesterday, that they think the tagaderm tape might interfere with the medication of the duragesic patch. The duragesic company recommneds the bioclusive tape over the patch. I used last night the nexcare big bandage as that bandaid is the best. It hold up for any condition. Well here it goes, I put 2 12.5 patches on last night and it has been 13 hours, still not impressed for pain relief and no side effects either. I just took 1 1/2 percocet for pain. I want to go in my pool today and did tell doc I swim and sun bathe, she wasen't too concerned, just ask me how much I swim. So I will be careful about knowing the absorbtion of patch. Thanks. I guess 50 will be the next. I will let you all know, hugs Tammy

Old 08-14-2007, 06:19 AM   #6
(female)

LifeLost HB User

yeah I'm one one 100 patch and one 25. I change them every other day. I did'nt feel much relief until the 50 either. I'm also on Actiq for breakthrough.

Closed Thread