It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Unhappy Does anyone else take Robaxin?

I saw my pm today and he continued my Avinza 60mg and added Robaxin 750, It seems to me the Robaxin works better than the Avinza! I have only taken one so far when I got home and it worked great, but I have been on the Avinza for 10 days today and nothing,nada, a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. I want to stop the Avinza, but he added that the 60mg of Avinza is equal to 75mg of Fentynal. That doesn't make sense since the patch of 25's and 50's a year ago worked great and this does nothing! I don't want to push my luck with him and have him stop seeing me, thinking I am looking for more meds, Stronger ones. BUt, I'm not! This stuff doesn't work on me, period.
I'm not sure how to get this across to him! If he doesn't listen pretty soon, I am going to stop it myself before to much time has gone by, so I can limit the withdrawal from it. The only way I know I took it in the morning is because I get a dry mouth, he says that means it's working. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'll be happy to stay on the Robaxin, it actually works.
Since starting the Avinza, My back, Sciatic Nerve and Knee's are worse, the achiness, back spasms, all of it has gotten worse. My back spasmed so bad yesterday that it locked up and I couldn't get off the bed! This Robaxin did help that.
Thanks,
Stardust

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: Does anyone else take Robaxin?

Stardust,

I have taken Robaxin. It is a very good muscle relaxer! Sometimes I don't even know that my pain is a muscle spasm until nothing else works and I take one. Then it works great!

I am so sorry the Avanzia is not working for you. I have the same problem. Morphine does NADA to me, just puts me in a foul mood. The first major surgery I had, I screamed and screamed in pain. I heard a nurse say, "we've given her enough morphine to kill a horse." I though then, well DUH...maybe I don't do well with morphine?? The next time this happened a nurse told me to list it as an allergy, and I have never been given the worthless stuff again.

Some meds just don't work for some people. It's not your fault. I found out later that my Mom is the same way. Just keep talking to your doctor and let him know that while you respect that this is a strong med, it just isn't working for YOU. You are an individual and you should be treated as one. Good Luck, and I pray you get some REAL relief very soon!

Your Friend,

Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User

Hi Amanda,
THank You for answering my post. It did give me an idea. Since I have severe Panic Disorder, there is only a few meds I can take, the others I am very sensitive too, Most of them put me in the Hospital. I can have my shrink tell him about my med sensativity. My PM also said if it doesn't mix with my Xanax, then to stop the Xanax I can't do that!! I've been on it for 15 years at very high doses!
I have to put in a call to my shrink tomorrow anyway and let him know about these new meds, so I think I will see if he will call my PM and let him know I can't take Morphine, it depresses me. So does Lortabs. But I do ok on the Fentynal Patches, Demerol, Dilaudid, ect. When the Hospital gives me Ativan, Phenergan, and alot of others, I itch terribly all over & I freak out and jump on everyone in the room and go home an cry "Hysterically" believe it or not! My Mom said it does the same thing to my Dad.
And the NSaids, cause my stomach to burn with nausea & vomiting.
You've given me some great idea's. I've had my Shrink over 15 years, I've only known this PM a few weeks. I talked to my Pharmacist and they said only my Shrink can tell me to stop his meds, nobody else. Just the prescribing Doctor. However, they can give each other advice.
Thank's Amanda, Your an ,
Terri

Last edited by sandollar; 08-20-2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Correction

Old 08-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I took Robaxin daily from 2004 until Feb 2007. I found it to be very effective. I liked the fact that it did not knock me out or make me feel drugged.

In February 2007 when I had my second fusion, they switched me to first to Flexeril (made me feel like I was suffering from a hang over) then to soma. I don't think soma works as well but my doctor wants me to stay on the soma.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
(male)

3wilds HB User

Ive been taking it for quite a while now but my doc says that you need 2 or 3 of the 750mg tabs to do the job for severe spasms. If you aren't prescribed that amount one won't work so good but believe me two to three is written on my bottle so I wouldn't say otherwise. If it isn't the prescribed dose I can't tell you to take it but I bet if you try it you'll be amazed if it is spasms that are causing your pain. I've been on this dose since I can't remember and it has no intoxifying effects so you won't get tired, even from 3 750 mg tabs. I just though you'd like the advice, good luck!!!

Closed Thread