It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
(female)

Plakat HB User
Calling All Durogesic/Duragesic users. Anyone seen the solid new matrix patch?

I have recently transferred over from Norspan, the Buprenorphine patch to Durogesic, the Fentanyl patch. I am familiar with the pouch system but I wondered whether anyone has seen or used the new solid matrix patch?
Australia apparently refused to approve the pouch System due to easy abuse potential and has just approved and released these new ones. These are what I am RX'd from the chemist.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:09 AM   #2
(male)

whitfield HB User
Re: Calling All Durogesic/Duragesic users. Anyone seen the solid new matrix patch?

I currently use the 100Mcg Fentanyl patch made by Sandoz--Exactly the same as the name brand Duragesic--I did try the Mylan brand patches because they were cheaper and my insurance preferred them--But, they did not work for me, so I went back to the Sandoz and now have to pay the difference in price (about $200 more every 3 months--but worth it to me)--The Mylan had a matrix look to it and no fluid at all--could that be what you mean?)--Don't know anything about the Norspan--I am happy with the Sandoz--even though they really only last for 2 days and I use more "breakthrough" meds on day 3. Who makes the matrix patch?
whitfield

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

robochick HB User
Re: Calling All Durogesic/Duragesic users. Anyone seen the solid new matrix patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plakat View Post
I have recently transferred over from Norspan, the Buprenorphine patch to Durogesic, the Fentanyl patch. I am familiar with the pouch system but I wondered whether anyone has seen or used the new solid matrix patch?
Australia apparently refused to approve the pouch System due to easy abuse potential and has just approved and released these new ones. These are what I am RX'd from the chemist.
Hi there,
I've been using the buprenorphine 35mg patches since nov 08 and have just been prescribed the fentanyl 25mcg patches which I havn't started using yet. Do you have to ween yourself of the bup before starting the fentanyl? Is so how long does this usually take? and did you get any withdrawal? My G.P is useless with pain medication so I'd like some advise before starting the fentanyl, my G.P will probably tell me to just stop the bup and start the fentanyl, and then I'd get withdrawal & I hate that, your advise would be really appreciated, as you have already made the move from the bup to the fentanyl, are you still getting releif from the fentanyl ? x

Old 03-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Many have not had good experiences with the solid mass patch made my Mylan. Do a simple search of the boards and you will get a ton of posts with mostly negative feedback. What's amazing is that almost everyone says the same thing....That they don't feel like the patch is working and some even talk about having WD.

The solid patch is made up of the med, glue, byproducts and etc....All rolled into one and put on the patch. Depending on how the fentanyl settles in with the glue and etc, determines how it is released.

Although the gel system has issues in it's own right, it works! And works well for many.

Regards,

Ex

Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
(male)

MadM HB User

ye ive jus been put on the durogesic 25mcg an hour ones they are the matrix ones from uk an dont seem to be working that well yet are there better brands out there 4 the uk do anyones have like a liquid substance instead of the gel or whatever it is??

Closed Thread