It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
(female)

amyalex67 HB User
Help please w/ med change (norco to morphine)

Hi. This is my first post. I so understand and feel for everyone here dealing with pain every day! It is so draining to say the least!

I'm looking for thoughts about my current change in meds. I've been taking Norco 10/325 (2 pills 4x/day~max 8 total/day) for probably 8 or 9 years. It just doesn't cut it anymore. She's putting me on Morphine, but wants to go w/ the IR to see how I do before trying SR. So, she started me with 15mg 3x per day and I can take max 4 Norco (for BT) per day now.
I'm hurting!! Does this seem like an appropriate dose/change to morphine to start or I'm just a baby?? It's just a struggle to go 8 hours theoretically (not counting sleep time of course) between morphine doses ~ it just doesn't help that long. And I pretty much need 2 norco at a time to kill the BT pain and I can only take that twice/day. Do I just suffer through this for another 2 weeks until I talk to her again?? and we hopefull change to long acting???

Any thoughts/suggestions would be so appreciated! TIA!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User
Re: Help please w/ med change (norco to morphine)

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the pain boards. I am sorry that I don't have an answer for you, I have only taken morphine while in the hospital, I take Lortab 7.5 (same med as your Norco) and Ultram.

I'm sure someone will be along to help you out, I just wanted to bump your post up again so more people see it and also let you know you are welcome here!

Your Friend, Fabby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

WOW! gosh I have never heard of such a thing of using Morphine so quickly with so many pain options out there. Of course I don't know your story of why you have pain but if your doctor is not a pain control manager type doctor I would find another doctor to put you on appropriate pain meds. There are pain patches that are very good...and then there is TENS units from Rehab clinics. In fact Rehab units can help you deal with pain. IF you can call 'her' back and tell her this is not working but if you can't get in touch with whomever you are dealing with then don't suffer...take whatever you need of the Morphine but Morphine isn't always that effective for everyone. You need a pain clinic or someone who is more familiar with pain management. Good luck to you.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Actually, the patches are way stronger than the morphine. Just saying.

Closed Thread