It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

madhatter HB User
SHORELINE[1] how have you been?

Hey dave! I haven't been around in a while[computer issues] I've noticed theres another shoreline. I've been ok[I guess] This past thur. I took my daughter[17]
to here first concert.We saw Genesis at Giant stadium.The light show was awsome,the music awsome,they played for almost 3 hrs,and it was a 3 hr drive[one way] but I payed for that!! Sitting for all that time! How have you been? I hope ok!!

Old 09-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: SHORELINE[1] how have you been?

Hi MH, I'm doing well, Still working part time and excercising on my days off. Shoreline 2 is me at work, I wasn't able to sign on for some reasn with my regualr act.

I'm glad you seem to have figured out the key to living with CP too. Although we pay for the things we do like going to concerts or working, It really comes down to how much more are we going to hurt anyway. I have just as bad days when I do nothing and try to avoid anything that might make things worse as I do when I over do it at work or spend too much time om my feet doing some activity I never would have imagined doing 4 years ago.It's not so much that the pain is that much better controlled, but I no longer let the pain control everything I do. A little extra discomfort is better than the depression and disapointment of life passing by without participating.

My life didn't turn out the way I planned but I don't spend my days mourning the loss of what I thought it was going to be. Every day is still a chance to be a better spouse, parent or member of society. Better to do something that makes us feel good about what we are doing rather than feeling bad or depressed about what we aren't.

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert despite the price you pay for that kind of time in the car. It's certainly better than sitting at home for 9 hours on the couch trying to avoid anything that might cause more pain and still ending up being miserable and unable to sleep or get comfortable. At least we know what caused the flair and that it will come to an end in a day or two. Plus you have the memories of a once in a lifetime experience that many CPers would have avoided.

I'm just dong the same, I stopped avoiding what I feared and feel better because I'm making the decisions and not letting tha pain make them for me.

It gets old being a patient 24/7 so it's kinda nice getting to be that parent or spouse our families deserve and remember.
Take care, Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

madhatter HB User
Re: SHORELINE[1] how have you been?

Glad to hear your doing ok!! Its been a few days since the concert,and I guess I can say I'm back to normal[normal for me] I was thinking back to when I first was injured,and how it made me so depressed and just wanting to give up.
Until I luckily found healthboards,and how you and the other members gave me hope,and shared all your experiences,good and bad! It makes one wonder how it was for the c"pers before the internet,how alone they must of felt.

Closed Thread