It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

Debbiehelp HB User
I am 100% drug/alcohol free. What measures can I take to protect myself

I am scared to death! I made a huge mistake! Had 3 drinks, drove, DUI!

read the rules.

NOT GOOD. I may drink 2 times a year! I am going to be on probation. I KNOW that someone close to me tested positive. This is how that test went. One day Urine screen (negative), NEXT MORNING volonary ORAL SWAB screen (POSSITIVE) Next day Urine (negative). The positive was positive result of cocaine. You and I know that if in fact this person was on cocaine, then the urine screen the very next day would have been pos\sitive also. Cocaine does not leave your system in less than 24 hours! She lost her children! She took a lie detector test and passed! STILL LOST HER CHILDREN.
We know that drug screenings are not infalable. WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT AN ERROR IN MY DRUG SCREENING? Do you suggest, one facility take the test, then go someplace else and have another one? I not only would lose my carreer, but I would then be violating my probation and I would go to jail. ALSO, high creatine level is also considered a positive screen. They think you are taking something to cover up the alcohole/drugs....how can I protect this from happening. Special diet, vitamines, taking 2 tests??? I am not looking to cover anything I JUST WANT AN ACCURATE SCREENING!! PLEASE HELP ME, SCARED TO DEATH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Re: I am 100% drug/alcohol free. What measures can I take to protect myself

Uh, maybe ask the folks at the addiction/recovery board???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sandollar HB User
Re: I am 100% drug/alcohol free. What measures can I take to protect myself

HI,
When I had my urine test, it came back with Heroin, Cocaine and marjuana, but I have never been on any of those, my PM doc said a Urine test is useless, because the mixture of meds I am on caused the results, to be false/possitive, he didn't even put it in my chart, he just rolled his eyes and threw it away.

I am not sure what I would do, But I think if my children were still young, I would volentarily go to a Phsiciatric Unit for depression, for 2 weeks where someone would be managing my meds, and if the test still comes back possitive, I would have proof, because they give you your meds at the required time. And they would have a Med Chart to prove that I was not taking an Illegal drug.

Just my 2 cents worth, But seems to be the only way to get them to listen.
Good Luck,
Stardust

Closed Thread