It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User
Topamax

I started Topamax a couple of weeks ago and have been a mess since sleeping while watching TV, working, almost driving. Swerving (almost getting hit-don't worry working from home right now) very emotional. Anyway I am finally on the up swing of the side effects. Aside from the numbness on the right side (my hand and leg), I am doing much better. Anyway, for anyone who knows my history, I had some trouble back in December of 06. I was abusing vicoden/Tramadol. Well I haven't done that since then so when I received the email from my mother regarding getting regab treatment and that I was slipping away broke my heart. Aren't my side effects normal for Topamax. Remember I am also on Fentanyl and Cymbalta which is a lot of Serotonin in my system. Meanwhile my headache's have been off the wall crazy the last couple of days which is crazy because I thought Topamax was supposed to help with that...maybe with time. Anyway, I just thought I would express with you my heart ache. And get some thoughts from some of the more experienced users of Topamax. I am up to 100 in the AM and 100 in the PM now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Topamax

I would definitely let your doctor know of the side effects. I recently started on nortriptylne and had to stop. I was having numbness on the side of my face and severe headaches.

I would definitely not drive while taking this medication for your safety as well as others with the side effects you are experiencing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

I took Topomax for a very short time. I was unfortunate to have it affect my eyes and had to stop within days. No other side effects, but maybe that was because i was on it for such a short time.

steve

Old 12-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
(female)

loufrank HB User

Hi Steve
I was on topamax for a short period of time and had to stop as well due to eye problems. My vision was fine, but my eyes were dry, red, and extremely irritated. I stopped after only a week or so. I have been off it since the summer, and am still having minor eye irritation. Did your eye problems go away shortly after you stopped?
Thanks

Closed Thread