It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

jodom1979 HB User
Another pharmacy question

Im on W/C.. I also use the duragesic patch.. well now they are going to pay for it.. But the pharmacy they have listed for me to use only has the "Mylan" type which are horrible.. this pharmacy cannot order the Sandoz type. Will they pay for the name brand?? Or am I in a bad kinda way? I wish they would order sandoz or even the new Watson type.. but they wont.. they are real jerks to me because of my meds list... This pharmacy is rite-aid

Jon

Old 10-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

letthatsinkin HB User
Re: Another pharmacy question

Target ordered Sandoz for me..... not taking it anymore but they were really nice about it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Unless your doc who works for WC will right name brand only/dipsense as written, there isn't much you can do. It seems strange you can't use use a different location at Right aid. My wife worked for them and they use local distributers for C-11's and they can request a specific brand, whether or not that local wholesaler has another brand is out of everyones control if the doc won't write dispense as written for name brand. You may just have a turd for a pharmy that won't take that extra step and follow through to see what they can do for ya. I would be sure your dealing with the PIC, the pharamcist in charge. It's their licence on the line for that pharamcy and a good one will take the extra step and at least check and see if it's possible.
Good luck, Dave

Old 10-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

jodom1979 HB User

Thanks Dave,

Im actually going to just bounce down there and talk to the pharmacist in person this evening when buisness slows down. The night shift guy is alright and has always been quick and always very "chatty".. Guess he gets bored.

BTW, not to be a brown noser, but its nice you are around to offer solid advice on the opiate stuff. I have read alot of your posts and they have always be right on target. Good stuff.

Jon

Closed Thread