It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
(male)

JoJo921 HB User
Hi all Fairly new here

Hi all, I'm fairly new here and wanted to introduce myself because I have responded to a few postings and wanted you all to know a little about me. I've been going to a PM off and on for about 5 years now ever since I had a bad car wreck that busted up my back pretty good. There was a time when I was on very high doses of pain meds and over time I've chosen to reduce it. In the beggining I was in so much pain my Dr had to keep increasing my meds. however after a time or two of going away on business trips and forgetting my meds gave me great insight on just how dangerous narcotic pain killers are. I think evryone here knows the hell I'm talking about when you dont have your meds. Today I have a very caring PM doc whom I respect greatly and feel that he has a good idea of my pain levels. For those out there that thinks its a game to get Drs to give you meds you dont need its a very dangerous game to play and when the gig is up and you get busted it makes even harder for those of us who without the help of pain meds would have no quality of life. Anyhow just wanted to introduce myself.
JoJo

Old 10-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

stepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB User
Re: Hi all Farly new here

Nice to meet you JoJo. I have been seeing a pm dr for the last year and dealing with post traumatic arthritis for the last 6 years.
I had my ankle fused, and now my big toe is crooked. I am scheduled for bunionectomy surgery Nov. 9th. I hope my pain is relieved through this surgery.
I also have a very caring dr I see for my pain management. My case is a little different because it is covered by worker's compensation. I am grateful taht they pay for 100% of my bills, but I also have to go to the doctors that they approve.
I'm glad you posted. It is always nice to know there are more of us out there.
Step

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
(male)

whosit HB User
Re: Hi all Farly new here

welcome to the boards here! I think you will find that there are some very caring an knowledgable ppl here. it is a great community with alot of very useful info in it. we look forward to hearing more from you and if youhave any questions just start a thread here and you will prob get the answer or help you need. again welcome and have a good time here!

whosit

Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
(female)

pjammies HB User
Re: Hi all Fairly new here

Hi Jo,

I'm new here, too! I'll be starting pain management care tomorrow and will post about how it went.

I'm not new to being treated, though. A couple or so years ago, I was prescribed (via family doctor and, later, an osteopath) strong narcotics, injections, patches, other medications, etc., so I do have a bit of a shorthand in what works and what doesn't. I even know of a compound rub that works WONDERS.

Welcome to the board. I look forward to getting to know you.

pjammies

Closed Thread