It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User
Opana

Anyone have any opinions about Opana or Opana ER? My pain doc mentioned we might give it a go the next time he sees me.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
(male)

Donorpanc HB User
Re: Opana

I too am interested what results or side affects have been from this? My doctor also mentioned that we may go to this in the near future. Oxymorophone. ******d and it comes up as a pretty dangerous substance?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
(male)

whosit HB User

My doctor has too mentioned this as a pain med......i have heard alot of ppl here talk about it and are on it for pain but I ahve not heard how well it works in competition with things like Oxycontin or morphone, percocet, etc..

chime in on this if you take it and have been on other meds....let us know how it worked for you and if it worked better than the others you tried.

thanks in advance!

whosit

Old 10-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hi All...I was on both Opana ER and Opana immediate release for b/t. I was on 40 mg of the ER twice daily and 10 mg of IR for b/t up to 4 times/day if needed (I rarely took the IR). For me, the Opana was worthless.

As you all know, people react differently to pain meds. I've never had any type of pain relief from morphine or dilaudid (hydromorphone). So, I'm not surprised the Opana (oxymorphone) didn't do anything for me. This is just my experience. I'm sure alot of people will find it beneficial. I'm back on Oxycontin and Actiq and this med combo works best for me. Take care!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
(male)

whosit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;3250196
Hi All...I was on both Opana ER and Opana immediate release for b/t. I was on 40 mg of the ER twice daily and 10 mg of IR for b/t up to 4 times/day if needed (I rarely took the IR). For me, the Opana was worthless.

As you all know, people react differently to pain meds. I've never had any type of pain relief from morphine or dilaudid (hydromorphone). So, I'm not surprised the Opana (oxymorphone) didn't do anything for me. This is just my experience. I'm sure alot of people will find it beneficial. I'm back on Oxycontin and Actiq and this med combo works best for me. Take care!

Thanks for your reply! that actually cleared up alot for me, i hope it did you guys as well. i have a few more questions about it though and will post it in a new thread. thanks

whosit

Last edited by Administrator; 10-20-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
(female)

hearts4120 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosit View Post
Thanks for your reply! that actually cleared up alot for me, i hope it did you guys as well. i have a few more questions about it though and will post it in a new thread. thanks

whosit
My pm doctor recently put me on Opana the regular one not the ER one. He wrote it for 10mg but said I can take half a tablet. I have only needed the 5mg (half a tablet) and so far it is working. I have noticed headaches though but I had those on Lortab as well. I have a strong migraine history. But it does manange my back pain well.

Lori

Closed Thread