It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User
Update on my pain clinic closing down.

Hey Y'all I wanted to let you no that I did find out that it MIGHT have been the DEA who did shut down the pain clinic I was seeing. I called the office today and spoke to my best reseoptionst friend there we were close, so she said all I can say is that I have been interviewed by the DEA, so to me that says it all...she said they interviewed her twice.

Anyhow on to me. I saw my family Dr and he is willing to take me on as a pain patient and do all my medications from here on out. I feel so blessed and lucky. He told me that I need to be VERY compliant and careful or he will terminate me. that is no news to me.... no problem!

There are very few pain Dr's in my area so he said there is no one else to refer me to as there all closed and will not take any patients from my previous Dr... I got very lucky and am so thankful my GP will prescribe Oxycontin and Oxycodone and my lyrica and klonapin for me, the only scary part is that he is older, at least 60's so I hope he doesn't retire on me, but for now I AM safe.

The best part is that I will only have to see him every 3 months vs monthly, and I will not have to wait 5 hours in the waiting room, and run out of meds as I could never get my apts at 30 day intervals, it was always like 34 so I had to cut way back the last week of the month. No more of that as my Dr said to call in 3 days before and they will allow me to pick them up 2 days early so I don't run out. and I used to get vicadin for years from them and they always had my refills ready on time, so I don't see this as being a problem, there a small Dr's office and very efficient.

your prayers worked, thank you all who said them for me. this has been a very scary time for me and I am grateful for my Dr to do this for me. I know its not common and I got so very lucky and feel blessed he will help me.

SS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Update on my pain clinic closing down.

ss that is great news that your gp is taking over your meds. You must feel good knowing that you are covered.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

Thanks, you have no idea. I was so scared that I cut my meds down big time and have been in pain all month cuz I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

I can now take my full dose knowing that I am covered and my pain is already better this afternoon. I didn't take any of my B/T meds so I have some saved as i didn't no if I was going to get anymore. I Am so releived I will celebrate tonight with some tripple berry pound cake.

SS

Last edited by slipperyslope; 10-09-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I think it is so sad that we have to worry about getting the meds we need to make it thru the day and worry about the next refill. I just wish the medical community would understand or had some way to determine who the chronic pain suffers are from the individuals who are just drug seeking.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
(male)

whosit HB User

WOW!!! you dont know what a relief that is to me....i was really worried you wouldnt be able to find a doctor to treat you. As you said once they get shut down no other doc will take thier patients in because they dont want the same trouble. i am glad you have such a great primary doctor. it is the other way around for me....my primary is bad and the PM doc is great so i hope he lasts for awile.....he is about 50 though so i dont see him quiting anytime soon. Congrats to you for overcoming this and do celebrate with that cake! Sounds yummy! take care and good luck with everything else....

Whosit...(wvrecon432)

Closed Thread