It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

kimmy46 HB User
Unhappy naproxen is causing fluid retention in my upper arms, can anything be done about this

I on 500mg of naproxen twice a day, It really helps my pain. Over the past three weeks I've noticed my upper arms seem to be swelling up to the point that they hurt and my veins seem to be bursting under my arms. My body image now looks like a football player. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: naproxen is causing fluid retention in my upper arms, can anything be done about

There have been some heart related adverse effects with this drug and I would get to my doctor soon to have it checked out. Edema, which is fluid retention, is one symptom of early, that's very early, heart trouble. It's most probably not that but it can't hurt to get it checked soon. I had it happen to me but unfortunately it was my heart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread