It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User
Exclamation Update on PM Doc (oxy generic vs brand)

Hello all and Ty again for the answers to my previous post "Question about my pain meds".

I was very honest with my Dr. today on how my Oxycontin 20mg every 8 hours was going and how i Hated the TEVA brand. He said that realistically there should be no differance but there is a chance. He then wrote the RX for Brand name only (now to see if WC will pay for this).

He also upped my Lyrica to 450mg total per day now 150mg x 3 per day to help with my SEVERE leg/thigh/groin pain. I will fill my post dated RX tomorow so I will update in a day or 2 on the results of name brand and how it works for me.

I also lost one of my pain pills today and was scared to tell my Dr, I didnt want him to think i popped an extra. Long story short he said no problem and that he would fill my Rx a day early and for one xtra WOW WOW WOW! This was great to have a Dr. trust me soooo much. I feel so much better about our Dr PT relationship now.

Last but not least I broke down in tears explaining to him how i miss out on so much of my life due to my pain. At that time he reffered me out to a sike Dr. that specializes in "people like us" chronic pain, depression, opiod tolerace etc...

Has any of you ever been to one of these Dr's and has it helped you out in anyway.

Sry for the long post today!

God bless and Good day to you all!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Update on PM Doc (oxy generic vs brand)

if he is actually sending you to a physc doc who actually deals with chronic pain patients,that is really a huge plus.just seeing anyone really,helps tons in just sharing that load we all carry around and feel.we just are forced to kind of live a different life than the one we had planned before all of our lives were turned upside down after whatever caused it happened.this IS a really good thing for you.i have been seeing a therepist just to try and help me keep things under control that i DO still have control over and learn how to accept the things that are not going to change for me,ever.just knowing you have someone who will sit and listen is really a big deal for you.our family and other people who are in our lives,unless they have dealt with the level of how this all impacts our lives,just really don;t appear to 'get it',and quite frankly really don't want to know or want to listen either in many cases(it just gets old after a while).it is not easy for our family to have to watch us go thru this either.i wish you lots of luck with this.i do think you will definitely benefit from it.it just helps alot to have someone to unload on every once in a while ya know?please keep me posted on how things go for you.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User

Thanks so much for the caring words Marcia! I will definately keep you up to date on the progress I make and what becomes of my issues.

God Bless!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

Hey Video,

I see a psychologist that specializes in chronic pain. He is a CP'er himself! I have found that I feel very comfortable sharing my stress and frustrations with him, and the fact that I know he understands is priceless. I have never needed to, but he also can act as an advocate for me. He sees me often enough to know that I do not have problems with taking my medication properly, and when I had surgery, he stated that if I had trouble, he would call my surgeon. I didn't need to do that, but having someone on my side like that is wonderful. I highly recommend that you give this a shot. Chronic pain is no easy cross to bear. Let someone help you with the burden. Good luck and keep us posted!

Amanda

Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User

TY for the kind words amanda and I am beggining to look more forward to my appt than I am nervous. Everyone here is fantastic and I love you all for bearing our burdens together. I hope that my progress will also help my family life (it is not bad by any means) but I would love to take ALOT of stress off of my wife and have my children grow up not thinking that Dad needs to take pills and laydown Often to be normal.

Thanks again and God bless you all!

Jason

Closed Thread