It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Talking Update after doctor's appt

I justed wanted to post an update since my doctor's appointment. For those of you that don't know or don't remember I was started on the patch after being on Ultram for 1 1/2 years. The goal was to get off the ultram while increasing the patch. I hit the pain "wall" after dropping to 3/day on the Ultram and being on 25mcg of the fentanyl patch. My doctor agreed to increase the patch by 12.5mcg and hopefully I can stop taking the Ultram(of course gradually).
I went to get the prescription filled today and the CVS only had 1 box of the Mylan brand. I told the pharmacist that the Mylan brand is junk according to from what I have heard. She said that she acutally has patients that request the Mylan brand (don't know if I believe that one). The CVS normally does get the Sandoz brand, just didn't have it in that strength. She tried several different CVS pharmacies and one had the brand Duragesic. I really didn't want to pay the extra. I went to Walgreen and they had 2 boxes of the Mylan brand. I did decide to at least try them. I put one on a couple of hours ago and put the Tegaderm over top of it. I have taken 2 Ultram today and I am planning on not taking any more. I know the patch usually takes a good 12 hours to kick in and feel it. In the future though, I plan on calling the pharmacist at CVS to have them order the Sandoz brand in the 12.5mcg strength. The pharmacist said she would do that without any problems just to call about a week ahead of time. The other problem with that strength is that not very many peope use it unless they are getting off the patch.

That is what is happening with me right now. I am wearing the 25mcg and the 12.5mcg and hopefully will be able to get off the Ultram now. I will keep everyone posted and thank you for the encouraging comments and interest in my pain management. :-)

Brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
(male)

whosit HB User
Re: Update after doctor's appt

That is great to hear! I have not ever been on the patch so cant comment on the different brands of them but please do keep us posted on how it works for you. I hope you getting off of the Ultram works out for you and you are able to do it without feeling any discomfort from it. I wish you luck and like you said you were going to do...KEEP US UPDATED!

wishing you luck,

whosit

Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: Update after doctor's appt

Call a week ahead-

I do this too. I call my pharmacist 5-7 days ahead and let him know I'm coming in and what quantities to order. Works every time. It also gives me one-on-one time with my pharmacist to ask how I'm doing and share ideas and thoughts with me, and I get questions answered.

steve

Closed Thread