It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
i was put on oxycontin

and i find that i fancy it, really helps with my pain, anybody else on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: i was put on oxycontin

I take it, and it does wonders for my pain. The best part is that I can function on this med. I notice no high feeling, no side effects whatsoever.....just pain relief. It's been a God send to me. I am glad it is helping your pain as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

yes it really does help, no side effects, amazing, whats your condition if you dont mind me asking

Old 10-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
(female)

Sallygal HB User
Talking Re: i was put on oxycontin

I'm taking oxycodone. Not as powerful as oxycontin, I think.
I had double spinal fusion a year ago, and I take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. It picks me up when I'm tired and makes me feel like a real person again. Dr. says to stay on it forever if I want. I'm in no way abusing this drug. Just takes the edge off of my back.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User

In no ways to divert this thread from its original intent but I too take Oxycontin 20mg 3 times a day and was suitable for me (but not great) I was taking a generic brand by the name of Watson and then drug store switched to TEVA brand. MY pain was no where near as controlled as what I become accustomed to and I spoke to my Dr. about trying name brand only to see if would make a difference. He did just that, I filled my RX yesterday morning and notice a CONSIDERABLE difference, works quicker lasts longer and I feel less side affects. Call me crazy but I love it now and will swear by it as my drug of choice after trying MANY diff meds in 4 years. Just a tip incase anyof you find that you get a Bad Rx name for some reason try to see if you can go name brand, Worked for me but we are all diff! I am glad that it is working for you and hope it continues to do so for a LONG time.

GOD BLESS ,

Jason

Old 10-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

ive heard bad things about generics for oxy, so when i got mine i made sure i had brand, right now i only am allowed 2 per day at 20 mg but have an apt in a few days and going to see if i can get switched to 3 a day, seems like a pretty common dosage and or getting some quick acting oxycodone to pepper it wit. its made a big difference, also puts a nice little pep in my step, no side effects well, only good ones that is

anybody else , feel free to respond

Ice

Old 10-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

madhatter HB User

Pretty soon there will be no generic oxycontin.

Drug of choice????

Old 10-14-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

yes its my DOC, how bout u

Old 10-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #9
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User

Yes this is my "drug of choice", sorry did not mean that to sound badly or come across badly. All i meant was that after taking many meds for a long time with VERY varied affect i found OxyContin to be my drug of choice in how it works (for me longer and stronger).

And in response to Icehouse3z, please be very careful with this Oxycontin as it can be addictive like anyother pain medicine if used incorectly. Also if you ask your Dr. about dosing 3x daily I would not expect to get Any SA med to go with it. Thats just my experience however.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

anybody else experience intense orgasms while on this medication?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
(female)

michellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB User

I take 80mg of oxy 3 times a day and it is starting to not work for me, I have been on it for about 6 months now on the 3 a day for about 3 months. I also take 10 mg percocet for break thru pain. I am curious about the comment about no more generic oxy, is this true? I just dread paying the co pay for the non generic, I was on a different brand and it did work better than the one I am on now. Does the non generic really work better? Maybe it's worth it. Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Michelle

Old 10-16-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

how common is it for doctors to prescribe this TID instead of twice a day?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #13
(male)

TideAlumni HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellev1970 View Post
I take 80mg of oxy 3 times a day and it is starting to not work for me, I have been on it for about 6 months now on the 3 a day for about 3 months. I also take 10 mg percocet for break thru pain. I am curious about the comment about no more generic oxy, is this true? I just dread paying the co pay for the non generic, I was on a different brand and it did work better than the one I am on now. Does the non generic really work better? Maybe it's worth it. Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Michelle
Wow. If that much Oxy (240mg per day) isn't working for you, plus the 10mg SA... I would be asking to try something else. What are you taking that amount of meds for?

Old 10-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #14
(female)

michellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB User

I have back problems that are inoperable, I take epidural injections and my PM doc keeps me comfortable. I don't know how common it is for me to take it three times a day with the break thru medication along with it, but that's what I have been given. I also have osteoarthritis and the pain medication makes that bearable for me as well. I know it does sound like a lot, I ask myself all the time if I'll ever be able to get off of all of this medication. For break thru pain I take 2 10mg percocets 3 times a day. I feel as if I'll have to go thru rehab if they take me off of it, it scares me!!! I also had an IDET at the beginning of this year and that failed and only made my lower back pain worse. I have nerve damage and have things going on in my cervical spine as well, herniated disc, annular tears with impinged nerves going into my shoulder. I have nerve damage into my legs due to the impinged nerve going into my leg I also have DDD. Am I taking too much medication? Is there something that someone can suggest that would keep me comfortable and not have to take so much of it? I also work a full time job 40 hours a week and the medication is starting to affect my job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks

Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #15
(female)

georgi HB User

Wow! How does one continue to work 40 hrs a week while on such a high dose? I really feel for you, sorry that you have suffered so much.

Closed Thread