It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

Plakat HB User
Exclamation New Durogesic D-Trans Patches! Anyone else seen or used?

Hi there!

After developing severe RSD due to a work accident 3 years ago and making the usual trek up though the strengths of painkillers I started on Durogesic (Yes its spelt that way here lol) 6 weeks ago and have settled in @ 100 mcg.
I was surprised when I saw the actual patches as I am familiar with the brand, Sandoz and Mylan types. After a little googling I discovered that Australia has flat out banned three above and demanded that Johnson & Johnson/Janssen come up with a whole new design the Durogesic D-Trans Patch is what they came up with.
I love them! They are made of a soft, thin clear film with "Durogesic. Fentanyl whatever strength" printed on them in dark green. They carry double the amount of Fentanyl of the other types. they claim "up To" 72 hours but I'm yet another that changed to 48 hour changes. They are so comfortable to wear which is a relief after a months of Norspan Buprenorphine Patches which are like over sized bandaids.

I would like to know if anyone else is on the D-Trans type or has come across them.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
(male)

whitfield HB User
Re: New Durogesic D-Trans Patches! Anyone else seen or used?

Hi--I do not have any experience with them but am very interested as I now use the Sandoz 100Mcg and it has to last 3 days. Did you say that these have twice the amount of fentanyl? How can that be without either lasting longer or transmitting more over the same amount of time? In any case, I did get the Mylan only one time and had to return them--they do not work nearly as well for me as the Sandoz---But, am very interested in this new one just because I use them--Do you know what the benefit is?--Roger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

jodom1979 HB User

I just read a paper on the patches and the non gel impregnated ones require a bigger amount of fentanyl in order for it to transfer through the skin at the same rate. I dont know how much exactly but it was considerably more. I will try and re-read it and post if this helps.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User

I do not use any pain patches at the moment but am very interested in them. My PM doc told me to think about switching to Methadone but I have had a VERY bad withdraws years ago from them years ago ( I think my Dr took me off incorectly) so i am scared to try them again. I have heard some great things about These Durogesic patches however and May mention this to him instead. Is there an internet link to them or any other info available to us ( if so are we allowed to post links to these pages here in the forums) if so let us know and Thank you for the info.
Also, do you technically replace this patch every 72 hours as well but your Dr. let you replace them in 48 or is 48 the "standard" for this partic type/brand.

God bless and Good luck ,

Jason

Closed Thread