It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
How long can it take for a cortisone injection to kick in?

Hi all, had a second injection of cortisone yesturday morning, but no relief yet. The first one I had much more range of motion by the second day. For those of you who posted on my other thread about the first injection I must tell you this doc. has done a total turn around with his attitude. I don't know if it is because I told my Primarys office about him or because he believes he knows what the problem is & he said it is rare & very painful. Also said any major problems after this injection to call him, also said it may hurt more for a couple of days. I believe he moved the injection slightly over. This one was not nearly as painful. I could not believe the differance in him, he was very understanding about the pain & even told me I can take the pain meds closer in between doses & gave me a new script. Before he was he*****t & made it clear he was concerned about taking the pain meds, totally different attitude, something happened, no way does anyone change that drastically, even his receptionist went out of her way to be nice. I hope it lasts. I need this injection to work & am concerned about how long it takes to start working. As painful as the first one was I felt a differance by the next day. Anyone have any advice? Thanks Sammy

Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Re: How long can it take for a cortisone injection to kick in?

Sammy, I'm glad you had a more positive experience this time. If my injections are going to work it's usually within a few days to maybe a week. I get to go to the rheumy on Wednesday and the pm on Thursday. It's very tempting to tell both of them to go to... I realize they are trying to help me but they aren't and it gets really depressing. Plus today is the second anniversary of my wife's passing and it's raining and my pain is up and I'm sick of all of it! Fred

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 03:48 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hey Sammy,

I had some injections yesturday too. I hope that in a few days you will feel a little better.

Right now I can not really tell if the injections have helped or if it is just my regular cycle of a few bad days and then a good day or two. I will just have to wait and see.

Fred, i am so sorry for your loss. It is tough to loose someone that close.
Hang in there and try tp keep the chin up.
As for your docs somtimes we just gotta tell them EXACTLY how we feel about what they are doing. Tell them that you are not sure the treatments are working.

Chrissy

PS...Sammy i will post again in the other place.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Fred, I am here in the rain with you. I am so sorry about your lose. It is still kind of new, 2 yrs is not a long time, so I am sure it is still very fresh in your mind. Focus on the good memories. You sound like a very smart, compassionate man. you hang in there & I will keep you in my prayers. You give me alittle hope Fred. No relief yet maybe it will take some time. I know I feel like giving up on Physical therapy , headaches galore since I went back. We are all in this together, as I call it the pain game, who will win today the pain or me. I tell myself there is always worse out there so get up & get at them.
My sister is full of Rhuem. arthritisis, I can't say I know exactly how you feel but my heart goes out to you. Have you ever told the docs. these things are not working? Hang in there Fred & we will all hang in there with you. You & I will get through this Michigan weather together, can't stand the damp chilly days. Just think we get to look forward to the snow! You take care & know I am sending you my prayers. Sammy
Chrissy posted on other board for you.

Last edited by sammyo1; 10-17-2007 at 04:28 AM.

Closed Thread