It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User
SEVERE Pain in my right thigh,groin

Hello all,

I have already posted this on the back forum but thought maybe someone here may have this or has experienced this in some way. I have problems with my left leg post op spinal fusion l4-s1 and I am ok with this since it is being treated etc.. However, my right leg, thigh and groin mostly has had 12/10 pain It literally feels like an extreme pressure is building up and is going to explode accentuated with a Very sharp pain as well. My Gen prac took xrays and says he see's nothing but did visually witness the pain in the form of Severe spasms in my thigh. I am just very concerned as to what this could be and I wonder if Any of you folks has had anything like this and what it was for you diagnoses wise. I am so quick to jump on the fact that I have had back issues and leg issues resulting from the back surgery on my left side. I am trying to keep my mind open and wonder what else other than my back that this could be (unless ofcourse it is my back causing this). I do have a follow up with my Back surgeon tomorow due to all of this. Sry for the long post I am just so anxious and hurting. I truly wish something is not wrong but at the same time I truly hope the Dr. will find something just so I dont have to hear the "well looks like all is ok, I am not sure what is wrong with you"....ugh I hate that remark.

Current medications: 20mg OxyContin LA x3 a day
150mg lyrica x3 a day

these meds where given for the leg pain and only for 10 days:

4mg dilaudid every 4 hours as needed
7mg Prednisone for a week x1 a day
350mg Soma 3x a day.

Thanks so much and God bless,

Jason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jodom1979 HB User
Re: SEVERE Pain in my right thigh,groin

Hey video,

Nothing a little Halo 3 wont clear up. LOL Seriously though, I hope your doc finds out whats up man. I know how it is to not have your pain controlled.. I left my elite sit for months until It finally got controlled and bam. Im back to getting my game on. Good luck

Jon

Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
(female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User
Re: SEVERE Pain in my right thigh,groin

Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamecrazed View Post
Hello all,

I have already posted this on the back forum but thought maybe someone here may have this or has experienced this in some way. I have problems with my left leg post op spinal fusion l4-s1 and I am ok with this since it is being treated etc.. However, my right leg, thigh and groin mostly has had 12/10 pain It literally feels like an extreme pressure is building up and is going to explode accentuated with a Very sharp pain as well. My Gen prac took xrays and says he see's nothing but did visually witness the pain in the form of Severe spasms in my thigh. I am just very concerned as to what this could be and I wonder if Any of you folks has had anything like this and what it was for you diagnoses wise. I am so quick to jump on the fact that I have had back issues and leg issues resulting from the back surgery on my left side. I am trying to keep my mind open and wonder what else other than my back that this could be (unless ofcourse it is my back causing this). I do have a follow up with my Back surgeon tomorow due to all of this. Sry for the long post I am just so anxious and hurting. I truly wish something is not wrong but at the same time I truly hope the Dr. will find something just so I dont have to hear the "well looks like all is ok, I am not sure what is wrong with you"....ugh I hate that remark.

Current medications: 20mg OxyContin LA x3 a day
150mg lyrica x3 a day

these meds where given for the leg pain and only for 10 days:

4mg dilaudid every 4 hours as needed
7mg Prednisone for a week x1 a day
350mg Soma 3x a day.

Thanks so much and God bless,

Jason
Hello Jason. Have you ever seen a Dermatome Chart? You can find them online. they show which disc/vert. cause pain in different areas. For instance for the pain in your groin, it might say it was caused from the L-3 or the S1, etc....You might be able to pinpoint which disc/vert is causing your pain on the Dermatome Chart...and be able to talk to the Dr tomorrow about it. You might even want to print one out and take it with you to the Dr. Good Luck....Hope you get an answer soon.
Mammy

Closed Thread