It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

letthatsinkin HB User
Generic OC - Which Manufacturer?

Trying to research this...

Last edited by letthatsinkin; 05-04-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: >

Old 10-21-2007, 05:18 AM   #2
(male)

whitfield HB User
Re: Generic OC - Which Manufacturer?

I think you will not have any choice except for brand name only very soon. I have read that Perdue won a lawsuit and that they are the only authorized distributer now. When I was on oxycontin, my insurance would only pay for generic and I got Teva, which I thought was terrible in comparison to name brand, but like I said, you soon will not have a choice--good luck--Roger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

letthatsinkin HB User

In the mean time should I ask for Watson or something else?? My pharmacy is real good about letting me pick which manufacturer....

Old 10-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
(male)

whitfield HB User

Yes--Watson with the ABG on one side is EXACTLY the same as the name brand Oxycontin--It is the only generic that is as good as the name brand--But, soon there will be no generics available--Perdue has won the lawsuit and all generic oxycontin will be off the market very soon--Good luck--Roger

Old 10-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

Teva's are not good. I was able to lower my B/T meds by 4 a day from switching to name brand. the pharmacist argued with me and said there is no difference but i know there is a difference. get name brand. it only cost me 25.00 more for 90 pills and this is well worth it.

SS

Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

letthatsinkin HB User

Yeah my pharmacist tells me the same thing, I wanted to tell her to open up a Duragesic and open up a Mylon and tell me how they could possibly be "the same". he he he.

I'm off the patch now and on these and I like them much better... I don't have the 3rd day HELL that I was having on the patch.

I think I will ask for the Watson in the mean time, until they phase out the generics. As of right now, name brand would cost me $25.00 but I wonder if the price will go up when there is no longer a generic available. Hmmmmm.

P.S. What kind of time line are we looking at for the generics to be pulled from the market??

Last edited by letthatsinkin; 10-21-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: ps

Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friendly_one HB User

Hi All...I'm on OC and where I live, brand name is all they have now. Thank God!!!! The Teva sucked! I went off the Teva and went back to Duragesic (generic Sandoz...worked just as well as brand). Now that brand OC is back, I'm back on it and doing much better. Bye the way, my name has changed from ksqueen to friendly_one just in case you all wondered what happened to me. Bye for now!!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
(male)

whitfield HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthatsinkin View Post
Yeah my pharmacist tells me the same thing, I wanted to tell her to open up a Duragesic and open up a Mylon and tell me how they could possibly be "the same". he he he.

I'm off the patch now and on these and I like them much better... I don't have the 3rd day HELL that I was having on the patch.

I think I will ask for the Watson in the mean time, until they phase out the generics. As of right now, name brand would cost me $25.00 but I wonder if the price will go up when there is no longer a generic available. Hmmmmm.

P.S. What kind of time line are we looking at for the generics to be pulled from the market??
According to my pharmacy, they can no longer get generic's, so it might be just whatever they have in stock they can sell--not sure though--Roger

Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
(female)

zoe08 HB User

Has anyone tried Watson fentanyl patches? They look almost the same as duragesic, just a tad longer....please let me know if anyone thinks they're as effective as duragesic or sandoz.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #10
(male)

whitfield HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
Has anyone tried Watson fentanyl patches? They look almost the same as duragesic, just a tad longer....please let me know if anyone thinks they're as effective as duragesic or sandoz.
Yes, I am using the Watson now--I love them--same as Sandoz or name brand--they do have the gel in them as well--like name brand--I am on the 100Mcg and they have a tab on the end for easier removal I guess--But, like I said--they are comparable to Sandoz and my insurance covers them without me having to pay the difference (like I did with the Sandoz)--Very happy with Watson and would recommend them--whit

Closed Thread