It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Question Strange Fentanyl Patch Side Effect

I have noticed that when I put the patch on my right upper arm that my muscles start to ache and hurt. I tested the theory by putting the new patch on my right arm last night and sure enough this morning my muscles were aching and hurting above and below the patch. I moved the patch over to my left arm and do not have this reaction. I know it is a rather strange side effect. Has anyone else on the patch had this kind of reaction?

I am still titrating down on the Ultram and maybe it could possibly be some mild withdrawal. Any comments?

Brian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Strange Fentanyl Patch Side Effect

kind of unrelated to the narcotic aspect here but i had this very same thing occur when i was using the nicotine patch.i had that same sore muscle crap on one arm,upper arm.but the other,i was just fine.still don;t have a freaking clue as to why this happened.but it was exactly like what you just described with the fent patch.strange.If you actually find out an answer to this,please let me know.i am still curious about why one arm and not the other.???Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Yes, I too had this same reaction when I was using the nicotine patch to quit smoking cigarettes. I don't know what it is either but at least I know now that someone has experinced the same kind of effect. I'm not crazy, or am I?

Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

if you are,well then i guess i am too?its nice to know i am not alone in this little world of ours.Marcia

Closed Thread