It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
(male)

kindcorp HB User
"actavis" newest fentanyl system ???

does anyone have any personal info about these patches -- ACTAVIS 100mcg also come in smaler sizes -- i guess they only on market a few months --

my local pharmacist said all jannson and such are being replaced by these ??

who do i believe - lol

I have been on the MYLAN patches for about a year now and I feel it was horrible -- it only worked when attatched perfectly with adhesive and tape - and caused skin issues as well -- many times i felt withdrawal after just 24 to 30 hours because i feel the mylan started stopping distribution of the active drug --

all the major pharmacies around me all have switched over to mylan -- for im not sure what reason --

but these are new -- just approved in usa in july of this year -- thats new !

it looks like the origional ones with gel ...

interesting ?

any info for me ....

thx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
(male)

jamesm HB User
Re: "actavis" newest fentanyl system ???

Actavis is a pharmaceutical company. So it is just another manufacturer, not a new type of patch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User

I too was on the Mylan and my pain doc told me to swich to sandoz. When I asked my pharmacist to order those she said they are switching to actavis. I didn't want to go through the hassel if they didn't work like the Mylan so I told her to just order me Brand, Jansen. But you said Jansen was switching to actavis too? I guess I'll take whatever they get if they look the original with gel, I'm happy. I don't what was up with the Mylan and why they didn't work very well.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
(male)

whitfield HB User

I have been on the 100Mcg duragesic several years and see my dr on Monday for checkup and get my 90 day supply (30 patches)--then will order from my regular pharmacy who knows I want the Sandoz--takes them a couple days to come in, so I am curious as to what they say or do--will post back by wed or so and let you know what happens--Roger

Old 11-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
(male)

kindcorp HB User

thx 4 all help n replies !!

im sorry--i didnt mean a new type of patch -i know they are a manufacturer -- lol -- i just meant i didnt know that particular manufacturer made these patches ---

but after research and all I found it is just like the jannsen

i got them today and they had the gel and so far stick incredible --

a little larger but seems to work incredible so far -- so far the best yet out of the bunch -- but this is only at the 30 hour mark after being on mylan so ill report back of course

thx again for everyones help and advice !!

gd luk to all in staying as pain free as possible

much respect

Old 11-04-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
(male)

kindcorp HB User

looking at the atual prescribing info that comes with medicine -- it loooks like it is excact as the jennsen diagram and duralgesic --- and i must say so far the strongest of all 4 types i have tried -- about the same as the non generic !

and 4 all worried about non sticking - it has a nicer sticky adhesive surrounding the outside corners of the patch -- it works incredible ! i can tell im going ro be ripping the patch off plus it still shows signifigant amounts of clear medication in the middle see through resevoir - i think i may b using these every 3 days instead on 48 hours ??i sure hope so ---- but wow what an incredible difference especially night n day comparing to the non - working mylam btand - im so happy i may even b able to lower my dose from 100 to 75 ! we will se cause that would b incredible !

Closed Thread