It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Think I may have taken an extra dose??

Oh boy, I take lorcet for pain (10/650). I am in alot of pain today and couldn't remember if I took my pill (due at 1pm) Took it just now because due to pain level it seems I didn't take it before. I was trying to do a few things and just could not remember if I took it. Should I be worried if I took 2 an hour apart by accident? I guess I will know soon right? Should be able to tell in a little while. Sorry for babbling but I'm nervous.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
(male)

whosit HB User
Re: Think I may have taken an extra dose??

you should be fine.....the only thing it will do in someone that is already tolerant to the drug like you and me is mabey a little nausea if an extra dose is taken. Just keep an eye on yourself and watch to see if you start breathing shallow or something. if your breathing gets abnormal call 911 or go to the ER and tell them you took an extra by mistake and have your bottle with you. but you should be just fine...there is no need to be worried about it at all. I have taken an extra dose of my percocet by mistake and could tell i did so and all it did was make me a little sleepy, thats all, no other side effects. i hope this help but keep us updated about it so we know your Ok.

whosit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I'm fine and it's been almost 2 hours so I guess I didn't double dose. I'm sure I would be able to tell by now. Thanks again-I was sweating there for a while!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Hi Kdel, I'm glad everything worked out. I use a monthly plannner. I pill box with 28 compartments. This way I can always check the box and see if the pill is missing. It's alot easier to understand why some people have to manage an elderly parent or grandparents meds. The idea of PM really isn't to make you feel something, but to reduce what you do feel as far as pain. If every dose could be felt, it would be more like a high than simply making intolerable pain tolerable. There may be a slight honeymoon period when someone goes from nothing at all to starting opiates or with a major med change, but that goes away quickly.

It's really not that difficult to forget especially if your having a bad day. I have taken doses that gave abolutely no relief and you really wonder if you took anything at all or if you just got a dud. Sometimes meds that usually bring relief just don't.

Whosit is right though, doubling a dose of BT meds can sometimes be felt in the way of nausea, sweating or an uncommon sensation, but I can't think of many circumstances where a long term patient with tolerance is at risk unless it's imediately after a major increase your not allready used too.

Good luck, Dave

Closed Thread