It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

germanshepherd HB User
Update On Pm,havent Been On Boards For A While

Hi All, I think some of you might remember me, germanshepherd. I have fibro and severe lower back pain. I have tried numerous drugs for pain, fentenyl patch,that didnt work,opana er,didn't work,so I take 10 mgs of percocet everday with an ultracet. That seems to work for most of the day and at night 2 soma compounds to sleep. I had a wonderful job, I am a nail tech and was working at this great spa for the last year. heres the clincer......
I have been through so much during my life with breast sugeries, hysterctomy that is still causeing a period, yes you heard me and now in middle of August had to have emergency surgery. My omentin, which is the fatty tissue in my abdominal area, everybody has it, well mine cut its own blood supply off and was dying on top of my intesines. I had right side belly pain for 2 days, thought it was gas. I have bad fibromyalgia so go figure. I was assigned a doc at the hospital and she went in exploritory and then when she found the problem, made a larger incission, belly button a mess now, and cut out the tissue. The healing pain was horrible! Surgeon was not good with meds either even though I explained I am allowed to take them because of pm contract. Doing fine now and the result of this surgery got me fired. The owner went away that week and I was supposed to take over spa and run it. I called from hospital and made sure everyday things were getting done. owner never called me and I left 10 messages. When I was allowed to drive, I went there and she said she fired me because of surgery. I told her and this is the truth, that if I didn't have surgery, I would have became septic and died. that wasen't exceptable. So I am still jobless and makes me sad. I did find out her nail dept. died as I was the only kick *** nail tech there. She hired two nail techs after me. A lot of people called and when they found out I wasent there anymore, nobody came. The owner said something to my friend about this. The owner realizes she messed up. I am taking her too court, she doesn't know that yet. A letter from my lawyer is being put together now and I will slam her with pain and suffering and etc. I am not a vindictive person, but how can you do that to me when I bent over backwards for this women. The owner has said to me through the years, she will never find another worker like me, she is right about that. Anyway, hugs to all and thank you for reading my post,Tammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: Update On Pm,havent Been On Boards For A While

Hi Tammy, I'm glad to here you're doing better and thankful that they caught the problem before it became more serious. I also glad to see you're doing something about being fired from your job, the way they treated you was unexcusable. I can see where they had no grounds to fire you. I was fired for no reason from my last job and I know it was due to health reasons but would be unable to prove it. But I did get my unemployment and also ended up getting approved for my disability. So I wish good luck and do give up the fight for your rights. So many employers treat their employees so bad and it really is uncalled because if it weren't for us what would some of them do.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
(female)

germanshepherd HB User

Thank you raye for reading my post. I will keep you informed. It's a power thing with employers and not saying all are bad, but this women is 46 like me and I am still in shock that I got fired and she blatently said because I was supposed to be watching the spa and I decided to have surgery. I didn't decide to have any surgery. My body decided for me and this was an option instead of dying. This women has fired so many employees in the last 5 1/2 yrs of her business, for no reason. Well, She gets what she deserves and I am sure when this gets out, I will be cheered for my ex employees. Right now I have been doing some minor excercising and weightlifting to strenghthen myself. The fibro is real bad, but excercising is supposed to help. Doing it now for almost 4 weeks and can't say, beside the energy from it, that I feel better. I take 10mgs of percocet everyday with and ultracet for back and body pain, and when the meds kick in, then I excercise. Or else I wouldn't! I really need to get in shape and drop another 30-40 pounds. I already dropped 35 and have been at a plateau for a year now. So I guess I really needed to excercise! My doctor couldn't believe I dropped 35 pounds with no exercise. Well I did, but can't drop anymore. Hope you are feeling okay and I pray for all of us to be pain free someday. Stay well, Tammy

Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

I'm glad your taking a postive approach and letting this fibro beat you. I have a friend who suffers from it as well. Please let me know how it turns out because I will cheering for you all the way.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
(female)

germanshepherd HB User
Thanking You Raye From The Bottom Of My Heart1

I am sooooo sorry for your friend and could so relate to the aweful fibro pain I experience 24/7 and no relief, I start out first with thr treadmill. I do a preset fat burning program that is 30 min and it goes by your heart rate, so if your heart rate is low it will incline by itself and sometimes kick your ***. then I do kiiler abs on total gym and ab roller too which I duct taped weights to it to get a better burn. After that legs on total gym highest setting and then the universal for shoulders, free weight bench, biceps. The whole workout is 1 1/2 3 times a week. I push myself and I am not going to lie to you, I hurt, but I sooo need to do this. I am tired of wallowing in self pitty. On the days in between I walk 3x a week, 2 milles each walk with my love of my life Sadie my almost 5 year old german shepherd. That is everything. I am in pain, but like I said I push myself because I have a goal. I want to build muscle and look really hot before I turn 50 in 3 yrs. I made up my mind to do this and it is working out. I am determined. I am into 6 weeks now. Thanking you so very much for your support. I have many obstacles along the way with the bone on bone discs in lower back and everything else that hurts. I do get more energy from this and feel like I am on a natural good feeling high. I will keep you posted and hope your friend can do some walking to get her started. Fibromyalgia is debilitating alone without having the back and shoulder pain on top of it. You sound like a very sweet undertanding person. Please take care and prayers to your friend, hugs Tammy

Last edited by germanshepherd; 11-19-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

Tammy, Good to hear from you again. I'm glad you are on the road to recovery...from your surgery and the road to surviving your fibro. I don't have fm but I do have constant pain and I know how you feel about working out. It does kick your butt. I haven't found the right combo of exercises. I used to walk every day but my walking buddy got pregnant and it's hard to walk alone...no one to guilt me outside!lol I have since joined a gym but haven't gone consistently enough to lose the 40 lbs I gained in the last year! Ick! My doc suggested starting out in the pool. She said it would be easier on my lung and I would still get a good workout. I do like the idea of not sweating so much. I'm a big sweat machine and it's can be embarrassing at the gym....all those 100lb girls running 60 miles per hour on the elliptical. I'm just a little envious.

ANYWAY, enough of that!!!!!

I, too, was fired from my job because of a surgery. Mine was even a workman's comp case. Everyone still tells me, "They can't fire you if you're on workman's comp." But, they can. If they don't have enough employees to cover my hours and can't live without me they can claim 'hardship' and terminate me so they can hire someone to fill my shoes. Yes, it sucks.
I tell myself that I was sooooo valuable that they couldn't survive without my hard work and intelligence!!!! Hey, whatever gets you through the night, right?

Good luck with your lawsuit. I do remember you telling us how much your employer raved about your work and how valuable you were. She sounds like a human resource disaster if she's fired so many people in the last five years. Since you have so many loyal clients is there anyway you could work from home or(eventually) from a small rental unit?? I know there's start up costs and such but (I've heard) that there are many loans and grants available for women to start their own businesses. Wouldn't that be great to schedule your hours around your pain?!?! A dream come true. Just an idea.

OK Sorry to ramble on so long but I do have to comment on one more thing.
I LOVE my dogs. They have helped me through some painful times. My oldest was a birthday gift from my hubby after 09/11. I didn't realize how depressed I had become that winter and that little puppy was a lifesaver! My other dogs are chihuahuas that never cease to amaze and entertain me. I never thought I could love a small dog. I've always, always had big dogs. I love german shepards by the way...love herding dogs in general. (my older dog is an overgrown sheltie....we call him a shollie...sheltie+collie...because he's so big)
Anyway, my little doggies have helped me a lot this last year(my mom died on Easter and my doc decided I was a guinea pig for awhile) and they were always there to listen and smother me with that unconditional love!!

Ok all you cat people can stop gagging now! Again, I'm sorry for the long post and for all of you who have made it this far....take care and have a day with less pain that yesterday.~Mush

Old 12-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
(female)

germanshepherd HB User

Hi trow! Thanking you for writing me back. I am starting to go to peoples homes to do there pedicures and nails. It's working out and I am going to hook up with one of my clients who does home parties for the product line of lotions and body scrubs she sells and going to give manicures at the parties in hoping to pick up more clients. I am tired of working for people at this point and want to do my own thing. I can so agree with you on your doggie love. My germanshepherd Sadie is my whole life and her precious face lights up my life and cuddling on her helps with my pain. I am still doing the workouts and lately my upper back, shoulder, neck area really feeling the pain. The fibro has been real bad lately. Please keep in touch and sorry it took so long to respond. My ex employer has to respond to my lawyer December 5th, in 2 days. I will keep you posted. Thanking you for your support. I wish you all the love and happiness in the world in these upcoming holiday, my best to you, Tammy

Old 12-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

This is great news Tammy, I glad to see you will be able to keep doing the work you love and not have no one but youself to answer to. At least, this way you can set your own hrs. and not have the stress of putting up with a disgruntled employer which will help you with the fibro to be a little more stress free. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and everything works out for you being self-employed and your lawsuit.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

Hey, Tammy, Have you heard from your ex-employer yet?
I hope it works out in your favor.

Glad to hear that you are working on your own. I think that's the best for people with chronic pain...you can set your own hours and take it easy when you need to.

Also glad to hear that you're still working out. I've been trying to do a little here and there but I can't seem to do it consistently enough so that it has any benefit. I'll keep trying.

Take care~Mush

Closed Thread