It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

Odesse HB UserOdesse HB UserOdesse HB User
Question Going to dr. - should I bring meds with me?

Hi,

I have an appointment on the 13th with my GP, who is nice enough to manage my pain meds because it's really hard to find a good PM doctor around here.

Should I bring my meds with me to this appointment? I haven't been asked to, and I haven't been told about any kind of pill counting (yet). I'm just nervous about bringing my meds away from my home - if I put them in my purse and anything happened to my purse...I don't even want to go there.

I called and talked to the nurse about it, and she told me NOT to bring them, to keep them locked up at home, so I'm leaning towards not bringing them. I just don't want to get in front of the doctor and have her tell me I should have brought them and feel like a moron.

Thanks for any advice,
~I

Old 11-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

letthatsinkin HB User
Re: Going to dr. - should I bring meds with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddyssey View Post
Hi,

I have an appointment on the 13th with my GP, who is nice enough to manage my pain meds because it's really hard to find a good PM doctor around here.

Should I bring my meds with me to this appointment? I haven't been asked to, and I haven't been told about any kind of pill counting (yet). I'm just nervous about bringing my meds away from my home - if I put them in my purse and anything happened to my purse...I don't even want to go there.

I called and talked to the nurse about it, and she told me NOT to bring them, to keep them locked up at home, so I'm leaning towards not bringing them. I just don't want to get in front of the doctor and have her tell me I should have brought them and feel like a moron.

Thanks for any advice,
~I

If the doctor has not asked you to bring them, dont. And the nurse said to leave em at home... so I would do just that.

I think if they are going to do a pill count they will definitely let you know, you aren't a psychic. (If you are though, give me a call I have a lot of questions heheheh)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

If the doctor has not asked you to bring them, dont. And the nurse said to leave em at home... so I would do just that. 100% agree.

My doc does pill counts and checks fill dates but we are reminded to bring meds prior to every apt along with the contract that manadates it. Why take the risk of loosing your purse if the doc never asked you and the nurse said not too.

#2, it's not a good idea to **** off the nursing staff and dismiss their advice once you have specifically asked.

JMO, Dave

Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

If you asked & were told no then don't worry about it, if the doc. hestitates about any refills or brings the meds up then let them know you offered. I did take mine in to one of my appointments, but the doc did not really know me & had previously mentioned how he felt about the meds & I needed a refill. Now that he has got to know me alittle better he automatically asks me if I need anything. Sammy

Old 11-09-2007, 05:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

Listen to the nurse, leave them at home!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

RetiredDirector HB UserRetiredDirector HB User

I have a list of my medications that is made up and stored in Word on my computer. If I'm seeing a new doctor for anything, I bring up Word and change the date and assuming there's no changes (if there are I add or delete the changes), print a copy of my meds to take with me. Even if they haven't asked for you to bring them, there's always all that God awful paperwork to fill out on your first appointment. I'm on so many different medications, I just put "See List" where they ask you to list any meds you are currently taking. Works like a charm and I've never had any problems in doing it this way.

Closed Thread