It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lavenderlily13 HB User
Hey everyone, here's my update...

Hi Guys,

For those of you who remember (or care) about my post last week about my Vicodin RX being restricted by my 'new doc', I had the apt with my old doctor today. He was the one that had been prescribing to me before his board of directors made him give all of his pain patients up because they thought he was too generous with his prescription practices and had more patients on pain meds than the other docs in his practice...( he is also the nicest most compassionate, caring man I have ever met. You know, one of those doctors who sit and really listen to you and remember things about you and your family and ask by name how your kids are, yes they still exist.)

Anyhoo, he was interested in hearing how things had been going with the new doc ( who is one of his colleagues in the large medical group that my HMO has on their list of providers...) and was completely understanding about my frustration with the care I have recieved from the 'new doc' in the 6 months or so since the change.

He told me I was lucky that I was one of the very few that this 'new doc' has continued to prescribe pain meds to, and that the vast majority of the other patients were given continually lower doses of meds and then released from his care completely.

My old doctor said he would speak with his colleague, and ask him to increase the monthly dosage allowance, and if he refuses, then he would find another doctor who would be able to help me. I hope this is someone who will be on my list of providers, but I will take whatever I can get at this point...

My pain hasn't been too bad ( thank God ) but I have really been working on blocking it out, and have found myself sore in my shoulders and neck from the tension it takes to constantly be tightened up from pushing it away, you know what I mean?

Ok guys, thanks for listening. God bless and all that good stuff

~~lily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: Hey everyone, here's my update...

Lily,

That is wonderful! You have a doctor who is doing what he is supposed to....advocating for his patients! That's great! Now you know that even if your current doc cannot help, he will help you find another one. Please let us know how this works out for you! I am so happy you have an advocate. People just do not realize how much that means to those of us trying to find our way in this CP maze.

Great news!

Amanda

Closed Thread