It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
(male)

farooqjeewani HB User
Upper Back pain (right side)

Hi Every one,
I have been experiencing the back pain since more than a week. Feels like someone should hammer on that pain so that i feel relaxed. it pains so badly that i cant do anything unless i lie back with pillow support.
The pain is on the right arm back side exactly below the right shoulder blade.I dont know what to call that part but hope you understood this.
I have been taking muscle relaxant tablets but no relief.
Please advise me if there is any muscle relaxant spray or anything else should i take before consulting doctor.
Thanks
Cyberkid

Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User
Re: Upper Back pain (right side)

I'm no doc, but sounds like gall-bladder to me. That often presents under the right shoulderblade. Do you notice any difference in your pain after a fatty meal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

I would go and see your Dr for this. my husband has the same pain and was having a heart attack. it started in his upper back neck area and went into his arm. he walked around like this for 3 days before he fell to the ground and I called 911. we did not he was having a MI. I would look on line on the symptoms and see if any pertain to you. how old are you? you can also hit the ER room as they can tell really easily by a blood test and an EKG if its back pain or heart related. I don't mean to scare you but i would go and get this checked out right away.

keep us posted.

SS

Old 01-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Please get checked right away.

It may be minor, but I wouldn't let this go any longer.

steve

Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

That is how my pain started to and then it started to move around to my upper right abdominal area. These are classic signs of a gallbladder attack. However, none of the tests that I have been through have shown anything so even if it is your gallbladder, don't get too frustrated if the tests don't show it. It seems like to many of us on here have had or are having gallbladder problems.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
(male)

farooqjeewani HB User
Unhappy Re: Upper Back pain (right side)

Thank you very much, I have fixed an appointment with a doctor next week. I will be updating you soon what comes out.
Thanks
Farooq

Old 01-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpain33 View Post
That is how my pain started to and then it started to move around to my upper right abdominal area. These are classic signs of a gallbladder attack. However, none of the tests that I have been through have shown anything so even if it is your gallbladder, don't get too frustrated if the tests don't show it. It seems like to many of us on here have had or are having gallbladder problems.
brianpain33 - Please don't count it out yet. About 5 years ago I was having problems also... I went to the doctor and he was sure it was my gallbladder so he ran all kinds of test.... All came back negative. Then he ran this one last test where they run some type of dye in you and watch your digestive system. You have to lay on this table for close to an hour. This was a last ditch attempt. My doc was great and called me into his office after the last test. He starts from the first test and is going, neg, neg, neg and so on and he gets to the last test and he goes ohhhh, there's the problem, your gallbladder is working at 0%. See alot of docs are looking for gall stones and not looking at the way the gallbladder works. He had me in surgery in two days and I could tell right away he had done the right thing. So to all of you out there, make your doc keep looking. I just happened to have a doc who will not give up until he finds what is going on. Good Luck to you all, Jenn

Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Was it a CAT scan that was done with dye. My doctor said today he wants to do a CAT scan and look at my gallbladder and lower lung. I need all of the advice and help that I can get. I did tell him that when I had the gallbladder scan (HIDA Scan) with the radioactive tracer and then they inject this stuff that makes your gallbladder contract that I had pain as soon as they injected this stuff. He is going to also talk to a surgeon and see what he thinks. I am not going to take no for an answer. I told him that I am in pain and there is obviously something wrong and I am giving consent to go in there and find out why.

Brian

Last edited by brianpain33; 01-04-2008 at 12:45 PM.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpain33 View Post
Was it a CAT scan that was done with dye. My doctor said today he wants to do a CAT scan and look at my gallbladder and lower lung. I need all of the advice and help that I can get. I did tell him that when I had the gallbladder scan (HIDA Scan) with the radioactive tracer and then they inject this stuff that makes your gallbladder contract that I had pain as soon as they injected this stuff. He is going to also talk to a surgeon and see what he thinks. I am not going to take no for an answer. I told him that I am in pain and there is obviously something wrong and I am giving consent to go in there and find out why.

Brian
I don't think it was either one however, I could be wrong. I know my doc did so many test that showed negative until this last one and then bingo. I know they used the radioactive dye and I watched the screen for over an hour. I am sorry I can't help anymore than this. Jenn

Old 01-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
(male)

farooqjeewani HB User
Question Re: Upper Back pain (right side)

Hi I had gone to doctor, He suggested me to do the MRI and xrays of my checst and neck.
Following are the findings from the MRI scan report.
MRI Cervical Spine:
===============
at C2-3, the disc level is unremarkable.
At C3-4, there is a small central disc protrusion slightly impinging upon the ventral surface of the cord without central canal spinal stenosis or neutral foraminal stenosis.

At C4-5, the disc level is unremarkable.
At C5-6, there is a small broad-based disc protrusion eccentric to the left side effacing the ventral thecal without cord compression, central canal spinal stenosis or neural foraminal stenosis.
At C6-7, there is a small left paracentral disc protrusion mildly effacing the ventral thecal sac without central canal stenosis or neural foraminal stenosis.
At C7-T1 the disc level is unremarkable.

MRI of the Thoracic Spine is negative.
===========================
XRAY:Cervical Spine
==============
Findings: In neutral position, there is 1 mm anterolisthesis with mild disc space narrowing of C7 on T1. With extension, there is 1 mm retrolisthesis of C4 on C5. With flexion , there is 1 mm anterolisthesis of C3 on C4 and 2 mm anterolisthesis of C4 on C5 and C5 on C6 and 1 mm anterolisthesis of C6 on C7. Negative significant unconvertebral and facet remodeling.

The Treatment: The doctor said he is going to treat me with some injection on the nerves to replace the discs on their original place.
Any one can explain me in a non medical languange for better understanding.

Thanks
Farooq Jeewani.

The Treatment:

Closed Thread