It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Can you buy vitamin b shots for home use?

I got a vitamin b shot today at my doctor's office for the extreme tiredness that I am enduring due to the flu. It has made a huge difference in my energy levels and I am completely amazed. I have tried taking a super b-complex vitamin with vitamin c but never had the effect like this. Is it possible to take a vitamin b shot yourself for home use? I mean can you get a prescription for it? I would love to get these on a regular basis.

brian

Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Re: Can you buy vitamin b shots for home use?

Was it Vitamin B or B12? I think there are two different ones. Not sure. I take B12 1000mg under the tongue every other week. I take for post op gastric bypass because my intestines do not process it anymore. It is a tiny cherry flavored pill that disolves under your tongue. Because it is 1000mg I take every other week. I don't notice more energy but with all my other problems and meds I would not notice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

I believe it was b12.

brian

Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Brian, I went to the health food store here in the town I live in, and I saw a small basket next to the checkout and saw free sample in little packets. I looked at them and they were these little red pills like the previous post said, and it is called "No Shot" B12 1000mcg., instant dissolve mico-tabs. I grabbed a couple, and immediatly thought of you and the vitamin b shot you had that gave you energy. I tried it and even through the pain I seemed to have more energy. I was able to clean the house and keep going past when I usually fall on the couch form exhaustion and pain. So maybe it worked, I hoped it did. It is worth a try, and it says it is made by superior source.

I need as much energy as I can get. I am going to go back today or tomorrow and look into it more. If I can buy it by the bottle, or larger packet, I will let you know.

Kassandr

Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
(male)

csx333 HB User

My wife has injected B12 for years as necessary. She has a prescription and buys syringes and needles at Walgreens. In Florida you can get them without a prescription. It's worth asking the dr.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kass3175 View Post
it is called "No Shot" B12 1000mcg., instant dissolve mico-tabs. I am going to go back today or tomorrow and look into it more.
Yes please let me know what brand it is. I will go to my health food store and ask them about it. I would definitely like to use the b12 everyday. I use a SUPER B-COMPLEX with Vitamin C but it really does not act like that shot did. I am wondering even if a Vitamin B pill does much?

brian

Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx333 View Post
My wife has injected B12 for years as necessary. She has a prescription and buys syringes and needles at Walgreens. In Florida you can get them without a prescription.
If you can get them without a prescription, then why does your wife need one from the doctor?

brian

Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

I think he means the needles and syringes.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kass3175 View Post
Brian, I went to the health food store here in the town I live in, and I saw a small basket next to the checkout and saw free sample in little packets. I looked at them and they were these little red pills like the previous post said, and it is called "No Shot" B12 1000mcg., instant dissolve mico-tabs. I grabbed a couple, and immediatly thought of you and the vitamin b shot you had that gave you energy. I tried it and even through the pain I seemed to have more energy. I was able to clean the house and keep going past when I usually fall on the couch form exhaustion and pain. So maybe it worked, I hoped it did. It is worth a try, and it says it is made by superior source.

I need as much energy as I can get. I am going to go back today or tomorrow and look into it more. If I can buy it by the bottle, or larger packet, I will let you know.

Kassandr

They are the same I take. Get them at GNC.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

ok thank you to everyone. so it is definitely called "no shot" b12. I will have to go to GNC or my local health store to see if they have it. My local health store is closer than a GNC.

brian

Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

sandypar1968 HB User

Hi Brian,

From experience I can tell you that the intra-muscular shots work much much better than anything you can take orally. I get mine from Florida a place by the name of Healing Light holistic center in Miami. They have a lot of interesting products for health and weight loss. I have been using them for about 4 months now. Not expensive and good service.

Best
Sandy

Old 04-06-2008, 01:51 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandypar1968 View Post
I get mine from Florida a place by the name of Healing Light holistic center in Miami. They have a lot of interesting products for health and weight loss.
That would be great if I actually lived in florida

brian

Old 04-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

My local heath food store has them. Exact same thing but its not that brand. the lady said it is exactly the same. they are closed today, but Ill go look monday.
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 04-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #14
(female)

Liz217 HB User

I suffer from exhaustion and cannot produce b12 so I was receiving shots once a week from the doctor, one day I asked - can I do this at home? my pcp said sure why not! She showed me how and wrote the script - now I do it myself once a week and feel much better not having to pay a copay for just a shot, lol. I am also post gastric bypass and in need of many vitamins.

Wish you well !!!

Liz217

Old 04-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

HI liz!
I tried the "fast acting, super under the tongue" from my vitamin store, and Im calling my doc and asking for a script for the injections.
I have had them before and nothing compares...Glad you got some relief~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Closed Thread