It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Had More Injections and Feelin pretty Good

Yep had injections a few days ago and the ole back pain is alot better.
My doc gave me the injections on each side of my hardware 6 all together and what a relief . I don't know if I'm fused anymore than I was last year but I'm going to ask my surgeon about removing this junk from me. Seems it's the root of my pain in my backand hips. I see him on the 17th of this month so just a few days.

Hope everyone had a great weekend

Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Had More Injections and Feelin pretty Good

Shawley,
I am glad your pain is relieved for now - what a good news! You are really lucky with shots, I was not the lucky one (had 9 of them all together and nothing but increased pain come out from this treatment. My luck!)

Do you really think your hardware causing your pain? It make sense, but talk to your Doc and confirm this with him. I wonder what does he thinks about it.
Good luck to you! Keep up with a good work,man!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley be careful and make sure your really research removing the hardware if you are not fused. If you are not fused, everything could collapse and you would end up with more problems then you already have.

They can do a hardware block to determine if you hardware is the culprit for the pain. this is the procedure I had done last September 07 that threw me over the edge -- I began having chronic severe pain and had to go on meds 24/7. I have remained on meds since this block. In my heart, I feel that this injection damaged me somehow.

Last edited by ms_west; 04-13-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Ya Shawley, what they said!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:47 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

My pain management Dr. #2 gave me the injections along the hardware , pin point injections and some other kind and it worked for my pain. He told me my pain is due to the hardware. I will see my surgeon in 3 days and see what he thinks . Pepper he won't remove my hardware unless its fused . He already told me that. I know the risks and I won't take em .

What Fred said .. lol

Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I am glad that you won't take a risk. I just wanted to make sure that you realized this.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Thanks Pepper , my surgeon told me this long ago. Maybe I'm fused enough now .. Its been almost a year since my MRI showed some fusing ? I still don't know if I would consider removal anyway , just seems if he goes digging around in there he may cause more problems.. So we'll leave it at that.

Maybe you'll get your stim in the mail today ? Hope so .

Shawley

Closed Thread