It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
IBake&Pray

Thinking of you and just want to make sure you are doing okay with the med change.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: IBake&Pray

Not to jump your thread pepper , but I'd like to know how Jill and Ella has been too . Hope your ok Jill . Miss ya

Shawley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Me too!!!! Please let us know how are you doing and how your last app went!

All the best!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

She posted on another thread about her appt. They changed her pain meds, they had to get approval from the insurance company and then they had to special order the meds.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Must not be going well for her Hope she's ok .. Don't get much time to chat with her anymore , sorry Jill .

PS. Hiya Moldova Hope your doin ok .

Shawley

Old 04-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

I noticed your on today . How are you doing with the new meds ? Hope they work well for you.. Maybe you can throw old ella back in the closet .

Take care , shawley

Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Hi Guys....

Day 4 of this Avinza. I'm not sure if I'm sold on it or not. I made it through yesterday until 4 pm before I needed BT meds. I am suffering with a minor headache. The first i've had since my back surgery three years ago. But that is one of the side effects of this "wonder" drug.

I did get up twice last night to take bt drugs as the med didn't make it through the night and I take it in the morning, as prescribed by my doctor. I don't know what to do. I guess I need to give it some time to work. I have hardly given it a fair chance yet. I had therapy last night so today will be a telling day.. I'm not sure that I will get 24 hours out of it and I sure hate the thought of losing sleep over it...and I can't! I don't have the option of napping during the day (don't I wish). Oh dear...I blathering......I don't remember that being a side effect! LOL.

I keep telling my hubby 24 hours, huh? 24 hours, huh? It seems to hold it at bay, but not as far away as the morphine. I mean the pain is gone, but the wall holding it away doesn't seem as thick or as strong. Does that make sense? this has me concerned.....

Old 04-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

She might ... if meds will work LOL
Each time i get my meds adjusted I look at my Ella thinking maybe now I can say good bye to it, but so far still have to use it!

I hope your app went well and maybe new meds will work better for you, Jill!

Shawley, I got my new meds and doing so much better on it side effects wise. Finally something does not make me sick and helps with pain better than others.

Best wishes to all of you!
With love, Moldova

Old 04-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

I bake&pray:

I have done so much better on the Avinza than on the Patch. Granted I don't get a FULL 24 hours, but I had to take BT meds on the patch too. I take BT meds sometimes once a day, sometimes twice a day.

ALWAYS almost have to take it to get up in the morning. (I take the avinza at bedtime). My body is just too stiff to get going in the morning. On the patch I would have to get up at 4:30 to be at work for 9, that's how long it took me to get my body going.

Sometimes, but not always, I have to take something again around 5pm. This is usually on the days I teach a night class. Those days start at 8 or 9 am and end at either 9 or 10 pm which puts me home at 10:30 or 11 pm which is an EXTREMELY LONG day for me. I teach two nights a week, and full days. I'm trying to make it four more years, but honestly just don't know if I will be able to.

Try to hang in there with the Avinza. I cut back from MSIR to Percocets because I was just to fatigued on the MSIR. Right now, things are pretty good as far as pain and fatigue go. I will keep my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Much luck to you!!

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

I hope nobody minds me asking, but who or what is Ella. I have seen her mentioned so many times and wasn't sure. If it's a personal or private thing, I apologize and understand. It's just that Ella sounds pretty fiesty!

Thanks, cmpgirl

Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Ella is her cane , meaner than a snake ole Ella is

Old 04-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Thanks Shawley, I had an idea it might something like that! Thanks for the clarification. I think I could use an Ella of my own, these days!

Old 04-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

LOL.... Actually Ella is my walker. She is wheeled, has a seat, that has storage in it, has a back rest, brakes, locking brakes, room for a drink, cell phone, and all sorts of carry cubbies. It is made by HuGo. Her name is Ella because you can get anything Ala cart (Ella)cart. We have a warped sense of humor and this poor thing has hauled more stuff since I got it. I have traveled all over with her. If she got frequent flyer miles she would have a free ticket by now. I was flying Sun Country when my parents were so sick before they died and the flight crews all knew her. She got stickers on her every trip we took. So I keep threatening Pepper and Shawley that I'll bring Ella if they don't behave. I do hope that some day she will be able to be passed on to some other poor soul that needs her. I still have her at work because of my weight restrictions..I am an EA and lifting a few reams of paper can send me over the edge quickly....but Ella can take the burden quite well. She's metalic blue-should you want to know.... and at least I can laugh about having her. I might as well name her and give hre a personality, right?

Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

My mom had one just like that when she broke a hip, many years ago. Hers was not quite as chic as Ella....just gray metallic! But boy have I thought about how nice it would be to still have that around. Especially in the grocery store. My husband and daughter constantly joke with me that they're going to get me a fire engine red hoveround, with a really loud horn, so people will know I'm coming! I keep telling them that blue is more my color!

Thanks for the chuckle, I really needed one today. God Bless, cmpgirl

Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Actually IBAKE has threaten Ella on me and has made me shake in my boots!!

I hope that we just need to give this med a couple of weeks and it will kick in for you. I am praying for you sweetie!!

Closed Thread