It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Spoke with Janssen Today....Patch Update

I called Janssen today, the maker's of the Duragesic patch, and the Sandoz generic. I called to request the free overlays to go over the patch...You can get a three month supply if you use the branded product. They will re-stock you every three months forever....For free. Each three month supply is worth about $75-100.

While I had a RN on the phone, I asked her about the patch re-call and the 25Mcg strength, and her exact reply was "we have no information at this time." I asked if she could give me something....Anything re: an ball park date and she said "we have no information at this time." I asked her how patients and Docs are supposed to plan and she said "I have no information at this time."

Gee....Thanks.

I happened to mention that I use adhesive remover to get the glue off and she said the company only recommends plain water. I told her that plain water doesn't work. She replied "the glue will eventually fall off." I told her I couldn't wait that long because I periodically re-use a general area, and I can't have these glue squares all over the place....Even more now that I'm forced to wear 12s due to the recall. She said she was required to place a "health safety report" since I was doing something the company didn't recommend. They simply document I guess. Whatever......

She also asked where I wear my patches, and I told her. She said the company only recommends above the waist...She had to take ANOTHER health safety report because I've been using my thigh. I asked her why not below the waist, and she said "because that's where we put them in the initial trial." I asked if they knew if they worked below the waist, and she replied "we don't have that information." I told her "well, they do" so you may want to put that in your safety report."

Felt like I was talking to a computer. Also, it was very obvious that the entire things was about CYA!

Thought I'd pass along the info.

Ex

Last edited by Executor; 04-16-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: Spoke with Janssen Today....Patch Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
.You can get a three month supply if you use the branded product. They will re-stock you every three months forever....For free. Each three month supply is worth about $75-100. Felt like I was talking to a computer. Also, it was very obvious that the entire things was about CYA!Ex
Ex, send some of those overlays this way for free I don't like paying for the overlay and the Opsite Flexifix is not holding up that great anymore. I got the 12's today to add to my 50's and they are so tiny. I did get the Sandoz brand and not Mylan. They even had them in stock, OMG. I could not believe it. I am going to try to not take very many, if any, of the Percocet which I got a different manufacturer this time (NOT MALLINCRADT), which I had been getting. I got ROXANE'S ROXICET. Roxane is a drug manufacture located here in Columbus and she said that is what most people asked for, so I said OK. I haven't had to take one, or half of one yet. The 12 seems to be kicking in and doing an alright job.

As for the CYA thing you should know this already when talking to a drug company. Heaven forbid you had asked about the +/- 20% deal possibly with the Sandoz

brian

Old 04-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Ex,

You must be very, very careful when on the phone with Janssen. They will document everything, and it's not uncommon for them to work a "discontinuation of treatment" if the product produces any untoward side effects or is being used in a manner not recommended. I'm not kidding.

Their claim of "no information" means that they do not yet have the problem wired and do not know when they will. They are being sued up the wazoo, and for good reason. Anyway, enough of that...

Just be careful. It's best not to call them at all, and, if so, to avoid giving personal information (unless you must to get a product like the overlay). I can't be more serious in my recommended caution with them.

steve

Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

I heard that too, Steve from someone, and I think it was a board member. I recall someone calling them about something, and they documented everything the patient told them and CALLED that person's pharmacy, made a huge stink about it and the doc had to take them off of it. It was nuts.
I called them once about the patch covers a year ago, and they acted brain dead, so I just said thank you and hung up~
xoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
I heard that too, Steve from someone, and I think it was a board member...
This is exactly what I was writing about. My info was not from this board but it was almost exactly the same kind of thing.

Thanks for the post.

steve

Old 04-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

I would agree that in general you shouldn't provide any more information than necessary, but to be honest, I find it hard to believe that they would try to cut you off for using adhesive remover. After all, the Doc told me to do it. If they don't want to sell me their patches, I'll just use Sandoz. If you don't use some type of remover, you end up having glue squares all over your application site and there isn't any room for the patch.

Given the recall, I imagine that they need as much business as possible. I asked my pharmacist friend about it and he said they collect info in case there is a known problem, or if many people report the same issues (about the drug).

It's good info to know, however. How did you know this Steve?

Ex

Old 04-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Ex,
I was trying everything to get the glue off from my patches, and I was at Neimans and got a gift with purchase with some cosmetics, and it was some eye makeup remover thatI wasnt crazy about. It was sitting on my vanity for a week before I thought to use it for my patch glue and it came off in one swipe! And smelled fresh, and made my skin feel really nice. You should try it! Im sure any brand will do~
oxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 04-17-2008 at 08:21 AM.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
...It's good info to know, however. How did you know this Steve?

Ex
Ex,

To tell you the truth I really don't recall. I do know it was during a research session, but beyond that I can't remember. What was it you were saying about low T and Alzheimer's??? I know, it's not something to joke about, just hit my funny bone.

steve

Old 04-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
for my patch glue and it came off in one swipe! And smelled fresh, and made my skin feel really nice. You should try it! IZZY'SMOM
hmmm would that make us guys feel pretty????

brian

Old 04-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

LOL Brian...I could give you some other hints, but it doesnt have to do with Chronic pain~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 04-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
LOL Brian...I could give you some other hints, but it doesnt have to do with Chronic pain~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM
HMMM I have a really good idea about what you are talking about

brian

Old 04-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

yeah, and if we type one more word, we're both likely to be in deep doo-doo;]
im off to hot tub! Hope everyone has a low pain night~
xoxoxox,