It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Having a really bad week

I've found out this week that I have another kidney stone in my right kidney, it's only been a year since I had the last one surgically removed, and my ortho surgeon has referred me to the Duke Joint Replacment Center for double knee replacements. On top of that my BiPolar Depression seems to be in overdrive right now. I'm not in a place where I can handle any surgery much less major ones. I could use any extra good thoughts that anyone has to spare.

Thx.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
(female)

kayci38 HB User
Re: Having a really bad week

When it rains it pours sometimes.My thoughts and prayers are with you.Hope things will start looking up for you soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

kmit:
My heart and prayers go out to you. I feel what you are saying about being under stress and it setting of your bipolar. I managed to get off the Ultram finally and the stress of that with everything going on in my life was driving me totally nuts. I'm already nuts, but totally nuts I do not need. kidding around of course. I would definitely take care of the kidney first. But, if you are going to be in the hospital you might as well get everything done and they have the best meds around, OK that is a joke to. Seriously, I am in a weird mood right now.

I would definitely take care of the kidney before doing anything else. You don't need to come down with an infection of any kind if you were to get the knees operated on. do you have any kind of other support around, like family or friends? You really need to reach out for help and support. It was great that you came here and expressed what you are feeling. I would also call your psychiatrist if you think that you are getting completely overwhelmed and then could adjust your meds or maybe get into see a counselor which they could recommend one as well. Hope things start going better for you.

brian

Old 04-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Brian,

what I have no shortage of is Docs. I just saw my psychologist on Wed, as I do every Wed of every week, and I see my Psychiatrist on Monday as I do every 3 weeks for Med checks....seems like all I do is go to doctors. They help, well as much as they can, but having a body that just basically is crap...well it gets old, at 38 I feel much much older. I'm glad you're doing well with the Ultram stoppage and thx for the kind words.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Sorry to hear that you're having so many problems at one time. I suffer through alot of pain because of RSD and then lately my muscles spasms have been worse in the last few weeks due to the weather changes. At least you're going through the Duke health care systems for your knees. I was in Duke for two weeks about 4 yrs ago due to double pneumonia and I have to say, I receive very good treatment while I was at Duke Hospital. So at least you have a great team of doctors who want to help you. I've never had kidney stones but I have a brother and an aunt who get them real bad so I know you have to be suffering due to the kidney stone. Like Brian said take care of the kidney stone first then worry about the knees. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that you make it through with the stones and knees and I hope you can get some control over you Bipolar issues as well.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

Kmit,

I had a kidney stone a couple of years ago, so I know what kind of pain you're going through. Sorry to hear you're beset with so many things at once; I kinda know the feeling. Found out hubby's job is going away June 1 (and that means our health insurance, too). 5th time in 3 years (he's in IT), so it's getting old. I have so many health issues, there's no way I could get coverage on my own...

Anyway, I didn't mean to downplay your hardships. I hope you can get rid of this thing fast and be able to concentrate on getting yourself well. it's easy to say, but try to take things a day at a time; it seems a bit less overwhelming that way. You WILL get better!! Hang in there and know that lots of posters here on the PM boards are sending prayers your way!

Blessings,
TexMom

Closed Thread