It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
To Everyone: If I Miss Your Post, Dont Be Offended

Hey gang...
I have read some posts lately, and I have seen ppl feel badly if they dont get responses or maybe they feel badly about not being able to answer everyone's posts, but it is hard to cover everyone's threads and responses, So I thought it would be a good idea just to let everyone know that "I try to read all, and respond to all posts. And I hope that people dont feel left out or hurt if I dont. Im always here in spirit with all of you. That's why we are here and supporting each other." Call me cheesy, but we all are here for support...Im sure others feel the same, so ero go the reason for this thread. And for all who feel the same, then here's your chance to add your thoughts~
Hugz "n Luv to all~
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 04-17-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: To Everyone: If I Miss Your Post, Dont Be Offended

I'm glad you took the opportunity to post this.

I want everyone to know that I care for all of you and try to keep up but do not post to every thread. If I see that someone else has posted what I would have written to a request for help, then I don't bother. And I may simply miss a post or two. I know someone here will offer a helpful post so I don't try to post to every thread. And I never feel offended if I don't hear from everyone on my threads.

steve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

I agree completely, great thread! Many times I just dont get to all the threads, or even come on line for a few days, I would hate for anyone to think I would ignore them on purpose, I care about everyone here and would never do that.

One of the things we face as CP patients is having to apologize for missing things, a barbeque, or a family birthday, because we were having a bad pain day and just werent up to it, I would hope we understand this about each other and that this can be one area in our lives where it is not a requirement to explain when you are away for a bit.

Not that it bothers me if I have not posted for awhile, and someone wonders where I have been, thats fine, But I hope we have an unspoken agreement here to participate what and when we can, and to hang back sometimes if thats what we need to do.

Thanks again Izzysmom, great thread.

Hugs, Fabby

Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

grizzk62 HB User

Hey all,

I just got done posting my thanks for this board and all of you being here on another thread. I'm so grateful for a place like this. I can quickly quit feeling sorry for myself after reading just a few threads. It's amazing how after reading what others are going thru, that I don't feel so unique and alone. It helps so much being able to relate with one another. Our family and friends as much as they would like to, just can't relate. People just can't know what we've been thru. Unless they have walked a mile in our shoes. Not to put our familys or friends down at all. Their love and support is always grately appreciated. Having a great support system in place can make a world of diffirence. Great thread. Love,

Matt

Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User

I dont think anyone gets offended, sometimes you read the thread and you dont have any advice to give, or know about. Then there is a thread that you can fully relate to and help maybe......... so really help when we can, and offer advice and be there for each other. If someone feels like they need to have a good moan, and get something off their chests well we can all relate to that !!! so that will get some replies. !!!

Take care, we are all in the same boat. (Lifeboat ! and not the one sinking !)
round1

Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

I try to post only when I have something to say. If I have no idea how to answer someones question why waist my time and theirs with a post.
Fred

Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

conductor HB User

Dear IZZY'SMOM,

I'm glad you expressed this point! It's very difficult to respond to everything here--even though we care. Even though it may not seem like it...I don't respond if I don't have anything substantial to add! You might notice that I have practically nothing to say when it comes to back pain problems because I just don't have any experience with this condition.

And, IZZY, I can go for days without signing on if things are going nuts in the life of my family on this side of the computer.

Most of us (I think) try to sign on and help when we can. Some of the best "stuff" I do is simply read posts in order to learn. Again...it doesn't take long for me (and others) to understand that I am ignorant in so many ways.

I enjoy being able to help and encourage as much as possible. Unfortunately, I just don't get to do it as much as I like!

No matter what, I am thankful for this extended family I've found here.

Sincerely,
Jon (Conductor0

Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
Hey gang...
"I try to read all, and respond to all posts. And I hope that people dont feel left out or hurt if I dont. IZZY'SMOM
I am completely hurt, sad and crying, oh and also offended. However, that would be a lie. I know that you try to get to all of our posts and I truly appreciate it. Here is something from me to you

brian

Old 04-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

thx Bri~
I was looking for the third digit wave JUST for you, buddy...but there wasnt one.
Im glad ppl are posting on this thread...everything that all of you are saying is exactly how I feel and its just nice to tell ppl sometimes, that even though I care, I may not know what to say, or have the right things to say, or even have ANYthing to say. It doesnt mean that I dont care. Heck there are so many times I read the board, and I hurt, or am tired, or have dinner, or homework for kiddo...Like i stated before...dont take it personal, ever.
If I have something personal to say, you'll know it.
I hope everyone is having a comfortable evening~
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Izz: I'm glad you started this thread too. I hope I have never offended someone here by not replying to a particular thread. I know with me it's like others have said, I may not know the answer, or I may have missed the thread somehow, or I may be busy with my off the computer friends and family. I just came on tonight for a bit because I have houseguests and they headed off to bed.

I honestly love and care about all of you here and I have never felt snubbed or offended by any of you. I am just grateful to have found this board and all of the wonderful people who connect here. Fondly, cmpgirl

Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Izzy:

I really thank you for starting this post. It kind of humbled me back to reality. In fact I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. I could be wrong, but I can't help be think because of a couple of statments that I made could be the reason you started this thread. And I don't mind one bit. In fact I'm glad you started it. So I'll start off myself by apologizing and saying I guess that perhaps that was one of those days when I was throwing a "pity party" for myself, and was uber sensitive. Guess we all have those, but my comments about "feeling out of the loop" or "folks not responding" to a thread I had started was way out of line.

How many times have I said how much you guys and the Back board have helped me??? The folks on the back board probably saved my bladder, literally!!! In my heart of hearts I know that we all care for each other tremendoulsly. Sometimes I feel that you guys are all I have that truely know what I'm going through.

It took me a while to gather my thoughts, and put them into words, cuz I have felt ashamed of what I said, and didn't know where that came from or why I was feeling that way. I've noticed, or so it seemed, that a couple of folks (an though I truely appreciate the acknowledgement) seemed to go out of their way to comment back immediately after I had made a post in a thread. PLEASE do not feel like you have to do that.

I've come to realize that April is just not a good month for me for whatever reasons. Not trying to throw out the pity card again, but it's my increased pain month EVERY YEAR, and I think I've finally figured it out. I think it could be due to the following: A) Spring Semester is always VERY stressful with my practicum students, and they in turn put the stress back on me, and this semester I have 9 students in practicum. B) I teach one class in particular that we do a Musical Production where they sign all the songs in ASL and that is next Friday the 25th. C) My brother's birthday is April 25th. He passed away at the age of 33 from Chirossis (sp) of the Liver in 1985, and I continue to struggle with his loss even though so much time has passed.

I think the combination of all of these events places added stressors on me, and in turn my pain levels go up.

So, in closing, I again humbly apologize for my ridiculos words prior. I realize we can't all post in all threads. I have nothing to offer the boys about decreased T levels... sorry!! But I am always here for support for all of you, please know that.

And Izzy, you are a great lady, and thanks for starting this thread. I admire that you go out and continue on a pro-circut, filled with pain and carry on fighting for a semlece of normalcy. I'm trying to do that as well, and I think most of us are trying to find as much normalcy as our bodys will allow us!!

Sorry it took me so long to get to it...but as I said, I was a bit embarrassed.

I do HEART you all!!

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Last edited by SpinalMalady; 04-19-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Spiney~
Actually me starting this had absolutely nothing to do with anyone but myself.
I really feel badly when I see a post that Ive missed or "skimmed" over and there is someone who is really having a hard time, or something that they may have been asking that I could have helped them with.
Some days I log in and only have about 6 minutes or less to check the boards, so thats the driving force behind starting this thread~
Hope everyone is having a low pain weekend.
xoxooxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 04-23-2008, 11:42 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

Izzy,

You're reading my mind again. I swear, lately I don't have to post because you jump in and say exactly what I was thinking.

I was just feeling bad for being away for three or four days and wondering how I would ever catch up with all the new threads. There used to be a day not too long ago where one could sit down and read every single new post in an hour. Now we have so many members(sorry to have more folks with cp but glad to meet new people)that there's no way I can keep up and post.

And Spinalmalady, I've had those days where it just seems like no one is answering your posts and the pity party starts to grow. I just try to tell myself that it is entirely possible that we're all having bad pain days and people can't post because they're having trouble too. Did that make sense?

Please, everyone, know that my thoughts and prayers are with you on every single thread. Usually someone else has jumped in before me and said what I was thinking. Take care and let's all cut each other some slack!!!~Mush

Closed Thread