It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 06:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Do any of the ladies experiance this

Ok ladies I have a question for you. Do any on you find it more painful or experiance more problems when it is time for your monthly cycle?
I am so tired of the increase in pain & discomfort when that time comes. Everything is intensified & I barely have any control. I swear it has to have something to do with the water gain. I am miserable. My ribs hurt like heck as it is & that makes it hard to breathe so now the my unwanted visiter is here I am feeling god awful. Even my upper back is feeling it. I swear I dread it every month & there is no preparing for the extra discomfort. At this rate I am not dreading menopause so much.
If so any suggestions? Sammy

Last edited by sammyo1; 04-18-2008 at 06:28 AM.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Re: Do any of the ladies experiance this

Yes here. Mine has been irregular. Peri-menopause? Some hot flashes too? I'm 43 so who knows. Anyway, who knew when it was due. Anyone's guess. Then my back started hurting 10 times worse then ever. I was popping the pain meds closer together. It was really unbearable. My breasts were sore for about 2 weeks. I couldn't even get my rings on. So I think it definately has something to do with increased pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Sammy: Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! It seems like my pain level can increase from a 5 to a 9 during my cycle. It just makes it so much worse. My pain condition is muscular and my cramps can sometimes feel like labor. Especially in the first few days. I go through so many of the therma care heat wraps, I think I keep them in business.

Like Hessie, I too am experiencing mentalpause. And I know that isn't helping either. I also find ibuprofen helps a bit. I don't usually take much, because it does a number on my stomach, but during my cycle I would rather take zantac to coat my stomach than not take the ibuprofen. I always wondered if it was just me. I've actually asked my PM if it was logical to think my cycle would make my CP worse. He said he supposed it could. I'm relieved to know I'm not alone. Good thread Sammy.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Amen, I thought perhaps it was just me. Boy I hate it. I to take the motrin. Since the pt wants motrin taken for two wks. pretty much around the clock you would think I would not be in much more pain, Not!
I am 42 (43 soon) & get the little bits of hot flashes to, had some right before this cylce. I thought it was cause it finally quit snowing (ha).
Dang I am sick of it all. I swear everything intensifies.

I don't know at this rate maybe memapause wont be so bad.
I wonder once again if it is that water retention thing going on, I know the pt said the ligaments change in during that time in that area. It has only been the last couple years that I have much more of a mood thing going on, I wonder each month who is going to appear, Weepy, sleepy or snappy, on a bad month they all make an appearance. At those times I spend alot of time in my room, either that or my family spends alot of time in their rooms (ha).
Thanks ladies, Its nice to know I am not going nuts. Sammy

Closed Thread