It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Memere

Anyone hear anything from Memere on any of the other boards?
Memere if you see this I have been thinking about you & wondering how you are doing, hoping you are doing better. I know I was worried about you after your surgery, I could not even imagine what you went through, the bit of chest pain along with the rib pain I have drive me in orbit, so you are always on my mind hoping your pain has improved. thinking of you, Sammy

Old 04-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Re: Memere

Sammy, sometimes Kmac [memere] is on the back boards. Put a post over there looking for her, youll probably hear from her sooner!
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

Hi Sammi and Izzy'sMom! I'm here lurking almost every day. I haven't been posting very much because I've been feeling pretty low - kind of depressed. My back seems to have healed well and I have gotten rid of the pain I was feeling around my chest. That had to be one of the most painful surgeries I've had to date. I've learned from others who have also gone through it that thorasic surgery typically causes the crushing-type chest pain that I was trying to deal with. My hip is bothering me quite a bit - I had 3 hip replacements on the side that is aching - and I'm also struggling with my weight. Between the surgeries, the steroids and the inability to exercise, I've balooned by 100 lbs since 18 months ago. I'm scheduled for a laproscopic banding early this summer so I'm hoping that will jump start my path to better health. Thanks so much for thinking about me and giving me a "shout out" - I think of all of the regulars on this board and follow the posts daily. All the best - hugs - Memere (KathyMac)

Old 04-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hey KMac!
Im sorry to hear about your pain. I hope that things get better for you soon. That blows that your surgery was so painful.
I also can empathize about weight, and Im a nutcase if I gain 5 lbs, so I can only imagine having that big of a difference. But since its due to meds, I hope that it will weigh itself out [no pun intended] and youll get back on track soon. The most important thing is that you feel better and all of that will follow suit.
Thanks for posting! I thought maybe you were posting more on the BBoard, thats why I directed Sammy over there.
Dont be a stranger or a lurker! We miss you! We have some of the BBoard ppl here like Jill and Ella, Pepper, and even ole crazy Shawley creeps over here once in a while! Long live the Mayor!
Please post more often when you feel like it...you;re a great lady, and we miss you~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 04-19-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Memere, steroids along with the bad hip, well I could see why you would have gained weight & have trouble loosing it. I was worried about you.
I am sorry you are so down. Everything can really get to you can't it?
Your always here for everyone so let us be here for you. I am glad you are not suffering that horried chest pain anymore, gosh the little bit of pain I get drives me crazy.
Are you still on the steroids? What are you doing to try to loose weight, if I may ask? That is hard. I am pretty small, but when I put on the weight from the steroids I just could not get rid of it for the longest time no matter how hard I tried. over 20pds on my 5'1 body really showed.
Geeze I was on steroids for around 8mnths, it took me that long to loose it plus some & only because I had to much pain to eat.
My pt is worried about the thoracic spine some, because of the rib pain,chest pain & some tingling on the side of the spine in the center of the back. That scares the heck out of me. Had an MRI a year ago & it showed nothing, she does not trust the MRI's to much. If the ribs do not improve soon she is recommending more tests. Whos going to order them I don't know, the ortho does not take care of the ribs. I am sick of doctors. If it is not something they deal with they really don't care if your in pain. Pretty stupid.
I so happy you responded, you have been on my mind. Please know that we are here for you. Sammy

Closed Thread