It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Having problems - need your support

OKAY everyone I know that I probably should not have gone up on the patch, but I did try the extra 12mcg and that was too much. So I have taken that off, and today went through drug withdrawal from going off of it. I call it drug hangover, slept like 12 hours and have felt like crap all day. I have also been very emotional and slightly depressed. I know that I have been pushing it lately, being off tramadol 9 days yeah!!!, trying to up the patch, not wanting to really take the Percocet(due to the way it makes me feel, slightly energized and euphoric). However, I know the euphoric feeling from this new brand of Percocet should go away. I have only been taking the amount prescribed so that's good. I'm kind of stuck in between taking 3-4 Percocets per day and the 12mcg patch(which is equivalent to 4.5-5 Percocets/day). This is the reason that I though that I could handle the increase in the patch but obviously I was wrong. I guess since I switched brands of Percocet, I really "feel" what the "high quality" brand is supposed to do for the pain. So I am just all over the place right now and barely made it through the day. Well I'm going to bed now since it's almost 5am, just continue to lift me up in prayer.

brian

Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

conductor HB User
Re: Having problems - need your support

Dear Brian (again),

I simply want to tell you that you will be remembered in prayer during these days--even if I'm not signed onto this Message Board! Support? You have it!!

Sincerely,
Jon (Conductor)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Brain, please know that I am pulling for you. You are an inspiration to many and just remember that we are here for you 24/7.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Brian,

I am sorry to hear that your feeling so icky. I surely hope that it will pass quickly for you.

Like many others that I am already praying for I will ask the same for you my friend. I will ask for God to lift you up and hold you safe.

Hang in there bud!
God Bless....
Chrissy

Old 04-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Dear Brian,
just remember that after rainy days sunny once are always on a way...

Just hang on in there and think positive; I am glad you come here to share with us what is going on with you. I believe it can help you mentally to go through tough times we all get once in a while.
I say a prayer for you, please get better soon!

Best of luck and sunny day ahead of you...

Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Brian,

I'm not sure if I told you this before, but one of the problems I have with takeing percocet or Norco for BT pain is that it makes me manic, now I have BiPolar II, so mania is not usually my big problem. I'm not sure what type of BiPolar Disorder you have but you might take this into consideration, I have talked to a few other people on the BP Boards that have the same problem.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

(((((((Brian)))))))))))))))

You always have my support. Hang in there and keep posting, we all care about you very much, this board is not the same without you.

Hugs, Fabby

Old 04-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Brian , you are in my prayers. I guess I missed the reason why you are switching meds. If your cocktail was working before why change? As hard as it is to find the right mix I don't want to mess with mine ever again!
Hang in there, we are all in this together.
Fred

Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Brian,

Now I thought we were supposed to trade back and forth with these struggles. You are simply not allowed to feel bad yet.

Hey, you may just have to go ahead and use the percs and get through the early period of euphoria and become tolerant to that side effect. If you continually avoid them for fear of this then you may never use them as intended, right? I know it'd doubly difficult for a recovering addict, but this good feeling is actually intended as part of the anxiolysis that goes with the territory. For those using these meds short term for acute pain, they never become tolerant to this side effect, but we do after awhile. Please consider using them as intended and soon put the euphoria behind you. Use us and your significant others to help keep you accountable. Maybe post every time you use on - every single time. That way you know you must tell us every time, and we hold you accountable.

Think that might work?

steve

Old 04-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Yes Steve I think that may help. I have taken 2 1/2 pills today and I am allowed up to 4 so I am doing alright. I hate going through drug wd or hangover whichever you want to call it. I am starting to feel a little better after popping my subligual b12 pill, which I should have used yesterday but my mind was not thinking very well. OK well I gotta go just wanted to check in.

brian

Old 04-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Brian- Why did your Doc increase your patch? What was the reasoning? Did he also increase your BT meds, decrease them, or leave them the same? How long did you try the new patch strength?

Ex

Old 04-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Brian, be careful. Did you go by your doctors instructions with the meds?
All these meds scare me. I wish you could find something that would just work well for you.
Hoping you find the relief you need & soon. Sammy

Old 04-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Sorry Brian: I've been away from the board for a few days and have just had a chance to sit down and read your thread. I'm really sorry you are having a rough time. As I said in some posts last week, it seems like we have all had some ups and downs lately and have needed our fellow CPers more than usual. Maybe it's the seasonal change....I'm not sure.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you and praying for you, even while I've been off the boards. Take care of yourself and I hope you can find the combination of meds that will work best for you. I know you have made some changes with your bi-polar meds. Do you think this might have something to do with this readjustment period? I know my husband has had some rebound issues when he has changed meds. It generally doesn't last too long, as the new meds start to kick in and the old ones clear out of his system. Just a thought.....God Bless and take care. I hope this evens out for you soon. cmpgirl

Old 04-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User

Brian, like cmpgirl said, it seems like alot of us are in a bad place right now. I sure am sorry for what you are going through and will keep you in my prayers. It is so difficult trying to find that med and dose that works and I swear when you find it, they want to change it and mess with you. I hope you are feeling better.

Take care
Melissa

Old 04-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Brian- Why did your Doc increase your patch? What was the reasoning? Did he also increase your BT meds, decrease them, or leave them the same? How long did you try the new patch strength?
Ex
The doc increased the patch because I was having some increased pain, and also a slight tolerance to the patch, or maybe both. It did not seem like the patch was working as well at the 50mcg strength. This is why we decided to try and increase it. I tried the new patch strength 2 days and had to take it off because of the drowsiness, nausea, lightheaded, dizziness, and upset stomach. I have now been off the new patch since friday, now back down to 50mcg, and have gone through withdrawal all weekend. I tried the spray deoderant idea and I think that made things worse since not as much fentanyl seemed to be getting into my skin. I took the patch off tonight and it looked kind of clogged up, even though there was not as much moisture collected underneath as usual. I will not do that again for awhile. I missed work today because of being in withdrawal and coming down off the increase. I even tried increasing my BT med a little(Percocet) but that didn't hardly do anything. But everyone please pray for me that I feel better tomorrow and make it to work because I can not be missing any more days. I don't even know if my doctor would give me an excuse or not so I may have to take an unexcused absent hit which I may get written up for. Maybe I should contact the doctor, what do you guys think? I mean it was due to the medication adjustment and withdrawal.

brian

Last edited by brianpain33; 04-21-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Closed Thread