It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 05:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Very cold here---Bad burning and pinching pain. I can't take anymore!!

Hi everyone,

I feel like a mac truch ran me over!!!!!

I just can not wait until Monday so I can call the PM and ask to go back up on the meds.

I have a few things that I need to be present at today and there is no way out of it. I will be meeting my sponsor for breakfast and a meeting and then I will be going to a convention comittee meeting at noon. The other girl I am woring with on our part of the convention wont be there so I really need to be there. I think I can get out of there quickly but all total I will be out and about I figure for 3 1/2 hours.

Like I said in my other post we had the severe temperature drop and there is a slight dusting of snow on the ground. And YES I do believe the weather has something to do with it.

I just want them to find out what the heck is causeing my neck to feel like this. I constantly have a burning and pinching feeling in my neck. This morning it is real bad. Cant tur my head or move it without aggrivating it more. I have taken the meds but now I gotta wait.

There are so many of us on here that are feeling so bad. I wish all my friends that are sufferinng the best.

Right now I am just having a hard time accepting my pain. I want answers!!!! Why why why do I feel like this all the ******* time!!!?????

I did not hear back from the neuro's office as to whether they have a referral for the Discogram or not. I dont know if they have even talked to the doc yet. I will call on Monday along with the call to the PM.

OKAY....I am done venting now. I must invite God into the way I feel because if I do not my pain will be worse because I will be fighting it. I just need to relax as much as possible.

Thanks for letting me vent everyone.
Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Re: Very cold here---Bad burning and pinching pain. I can't take anymore!!

Hey Christine. So sorry to hear you are having such problems. First of all you are on the right path by inviting God into your life. Just give the pain to Him, He can handle it. Sounds simple, doesn't it? It might not help the pain but it will help you handle it. Yes the weather can and does effect pain. Even my PM admits it does.
Just hang in there , God has plans for all of us.
Fred

Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Hi Christine, has anyone ever suggested that you could have a pinched nerve in your neck or maybe some type of nerve entrapment? I know any type of nerve pain can cause the burning and pinching feeling. Especially if you have a pinched nerve in your neck, it could be the reason why. If you were to have a pinched nerve in your neck and you turn a certain way this could cause you to pinch the nerve even more. A pinched nerve can cause alot of pain when you put pressure on the nerve that is pinched or entrapped. Have you ever tried anything for nerve pain? This could be what the root of your problem is instead of a bad disc, this is only a suggestion. I hope when you call today, your PM doctor will increase your meds back to what it was before. I also hope you find some answers soon as to what is causing you all this pain.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

((((Chrissy)))) I am so sorry my friend. I know this has been quite a journey for you lately. I have to say I am really glad that you are going to avail yourself of the meds your PM is offering. I know it's not the ideal solution for you or any of us, really. It's just one of those things we have so little control over, unfortunately.

I can see that indominatable spirit of yours, shining through the pain. I know you may not think so right now, but you are such a strong person. I have seen that strength so many times here on the boards. I think sometimes, you need to sit back and let God and others bear that load for you, and I know just by your post that you see that too.

Hang in there my friend and know I am praying for you and lifting you up. You have always been so supportive of me, when I've needed it. Take care and God Bless, cmpgirl

Old 04-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Gosh Chrissy, I feel so bad for you, that has been abit of waiting for that test has it not? Man I just don't get what is up with some of these doctors.

You & I are forever in the same boat my friend, I want some answers to, I am tired of it all. Feels like I am going backwards here.
I hope you get some where I hate to hear you are still suffering so. I will keep you in my thoughts here my friend. Sammy

Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Chrissy:
I was really, really concerned about you making that convention. I know you have the commitment but you are really putting yourself to the limit and paying for it with the pain. I know you probably are already realizing this by now. I do know for a fact that pain directly, and I mean directly influences pain levels. I can tell you that I am one of those people too. Any time there is a big temperature change or a big storm system rolling through I will literally be crying sometimes because the pain gets so bad and I have taken the max of the BT meds and it's still not enough. You really are trying to do too much, listen to that little voice in your head.

I don't remember all of the meds that you have tried, but I do know that opiod/opiates are usually rather ineffective for the nerve pain. Here is a list of the nerve pain meds so hopefully you can print it out and review it and maybe ask about something that you have not tried. I think you said you are taking Cymbalta. You can go up to 240mg, I think, but I do know definitely 120mg on that just so you know. I still think you should try the fentanyl patch even just short term. It really cuts down on taking pills, and you and I both know that it is sometimes difficult to take pain med pills. OK, here is the list for you my friend:

Anticonvulsants - Topomax, Tegretol, Trileptal, Depakote, Lamictal, Dilantin, Depakene, Neurontin, Lyrica, Gabitril, Klonopin(even though it's technically a benzodiazepine)

Tricyclic Antidepressants - Elavil(amitryptiline), Pamelor(nortriptyline), desipramine, imipramine, doxepin(Sinequan), trimipramine, clomipramine

**very good at treating nerve pain & helpful with sleep so usually prescribed at night**

SNRI Antidepressants - Cymbalta, Effexor, Wellbutrin

**very effective for nerve pain & also depression that usually accompanies chronic pain, many people on these boards have success with Cymbalta**

Atypical Antidepressants- Trazadone, Ultram(tramadol),
Ultracet, Ultram ER

**good at treating nerve pain, tramadol also has a mild opiod quality to it so IT IS A MILD NARCOTIC**

SSRI Antidepressants- Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Luvox

Opiod/Opiates- hydrocodone(Vicodin, Lortab, Norco), oxycodone(Percocet, Oxycontin, Oxy IR), hydromorphone(Dilaudid), oxymorphone(Opana), methadone, fentanyl(patch, Actiq), morphine(MS Contin, Avinza, Kadian)
**can be useful for certain types of pain especially when used in combination with other non-narcotic meds**

Keep us posted on your progress.

brian

Last edited by brianpain33; 04-21-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Closed Thread