It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Cmpgirl

Back in March you posted a thread about your cousin having a stim implant put in and he received alot of relief with the trial. I was wondering how he is doing and if he had the permament one implanted? Do you know what brand he had implanted?

Thanks for any and all information.

Hope you are doing well tonight.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Cmpgirl

Hey Pepper: He had the trial implant done, and it helped his nerve pain tremendously. His is, unfortunately a comp case and he is still waiting for the final approval for the permenant implant.

He said he didn't really get relief for his non-nerve pain, but his doc thinks he will get better results with the meds that weren't helping him before, now that the nerve pain will be covered.

I know he told the rep from the company, the day they removed the temp., that he felt it didn't go down his leg far enough, but the rep said they can adjust when they do the perm install, and it can be adjusted as needed after.

I'm not sure which brand, but I will ask him. That darned comp is such a nightmare. He had one doc tell him years ago, that because comp took so long to review and approve procedures, that he believed my cousin suffered more nerve damage because of it. This doc even wrote a letter to comp and said that in the letter. I know he is really getting anxious to have this thing finally done.

Are you considering it? If so, where is the bulk of your nerve pain? It might help me to tell him more when I speak to him.

Take care my friend, I hope this was helpful, cmpgirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Thanks. Yes, I am considering it. I am going to seek another opinion on my back condition and if they concurr that there is nothing left to do I feel that I owe it to myself to try and lower my pain medication as much as possible with non-narcotic means.

I have pain the inside of the thigh, sometimes on the top of the thigh, on the outer thigh, skip the calf, the outer side of the foot, the bottom of the foot, the four toes minus the big toe. I also have had fusion L5/S1 and s1/s2, laminectomy L5, L4, and L3, revision surgery with work on L3/S2 decompressing nerves, adding bmp, and removing right side of hardware.
I have weakness in my right leg to the point that it collapses causing me to lose my balance.

Recently, I have started having pain in the thoracic area of the back and cervical area.

I have used the tens and really like it. It has helped me alot.

Hope this helps and makes sense my meds are starting to be at its peak.

Thank you for asking him questions for me and I am sorry he is dealing with a workmancomp issue. My heart goes out to him. It just is not fair.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

cmpgirl , may I chime in here ? If your thinking about the stim implant and this goes for you too pepper , please ask for the Bionics Implant , I have found this to be the best device thats offered . Supposed to be the cadilacs of stimulators . I have the Medtronic unit and love it , but a few different Dr.'s told me the Bionics is much better for coverage . BUT your Dr.'s may use a different brand. ans / Medtronic but please ask for the best ..Bionics.

Good Luck and hope I helped.

Shawley

Old 04-23-2008, 05:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Thanks Shawley. In my research this is what I seeing many people recomend.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:15 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Pepper my Dr. who gives me my injection's do both implants , the Medtronic and the Bionic and he said the Bionic is the best. I guess its up to the insurance companies to decide on what brand ?? But you'll hear people who have the Medtronic say there the best .. Listen to me , I have the Medtronic and it works fine , but if my Dr. is saying the Bionic is better its better.

Cheers

Closed Thread